JAReidTX

"You have new apps that haven't been scanned" won't clear after deep scan

I'm running MalwareBytes for Android Premium (app ver 3.2.0.4, databases dated 2018.02.23.01). The dashboard consistently says "Your device has issues", listing 1 non-critical issue: "You have new apps that haven't been scanned" IF the "Use deep scanner during full scan" setting is toggled ON.

Regardless of how many times I run a full, deep scan (which ends normally, reporting "No malware found!") the dashboard continues to report the same non-critical issue.  However, if the "Use deep scanner during full scan" setting is toggled OFF, the non-critical issue warning is cleared after a full scan.

So it looks like the deep scan feature is setting the all-apps-scanned flag incorrectly.

I've tried this after rebooting the Android and the issue persists.  No app or database updates are pending or available.

Hi @JAReidTX

Thanks for this valuable input, we received this some other customers as well and looking for solution, however you gave some extra hints here. Soon there'll be a fix coming for this issue. Thanks for very detailed report. Much appreciated.

It appears that the latest Android app update for MalwareBytes fixed this bug.  I no longer get the erroneous message when "use deep scanner" is toggled ON.  Thanks!