when i run maleware bytes it removes my antivirus could anyone tell me how i can stop this as im happy with the anti virus i use totalAV

Which antivirus it is?

If is a well regarded antivirus, most likely you do not need MBAM premium.

If this is the TotalAV hosted on www.totalav.com then it was most likely detected as PUP for the same reason that ScanGuard and other variants of this product are detected (note the similarity in the appearance of the two products with virtually everything except the name of the software duplicated):

totalav.png.067939a6447f8f8b19e169061d3a4284.png

imageproxy.png.fc32601769c5ab0fb659870566ddc0b4.png

That said, if you do wish to continue to use this product you may simply run a Threat scan with Malwarebytes, click the checkbox at the very top left of the column headers just to the left of where it says Threat Type so that none of the entries in the list of detections are checked, then click Next and when prompted, click on Ignore Always so that the detections will be added to Malwarebytes' exclusions list thus preventing the program from being detected by Malwarebytes in the future.  Or optionally you may add the program's folders to Malwarebytes' exclusions list (most likely located under C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86), though it may have additional files in other locations which may also need to be excluded; you may use the Malwarebytes scan results/log to determine where the detected items are installed/located to assist you).

If you need assistance in creating the exclusions, simply post the scan log from Malwarebytes showing the detections and we'll assist you.

12 hours ago, laine28558 said:

when i run maleware bytes it removes my antivirus could anyone tell me how i can stop this as im happy with the anti virus i use totalAV

It removes it because it's scrap AV stop using it, stick with a name brand and you'll have much better protection by far.

https://www.pcmag.com/review/354352/totalav

Edited by daman1