MAXBAR1

Personal vpn not activable

It is impossible to set the personal vpn on connected: I do not know if it is normal.

attached iOS vpn screenshot97670F7A-D764-4B94-A1A2-26EF16F146F8.thumb.png.5e8a86b57fbad92d7e9b20a954774bb0.png

In addition it would not be bad if it also contained an adblocker function for all the app (browser, social network, youtube, ecc.)

thanks

greetings

Massimiliano

Edited by MAXBAR1
added content

That is actually normal. It's not actually providing VPN service, it's using that as a way to block malicious websites device-wide. FYI, note that the UI for the app is going to change completely before release, as there's a lot about this that needs to be made clearer for the average user.

Regarding ad blocking, Apple only provides APIs for that kind of content blocking for Safari, and they won't tolerate ad blocking device-wide (since that would block in-app ads, which is a source of revenue for both Apple and developers of free apps). I know exactly what you mean, though, and personally, I really wish I could have an ad blocker for the Twitter app, but unfortunately it's not something we can do currently.

Maybe not for the other apps, but for Safari, I've always used the free Kaspersky ad-cleaner app on iOS, which completely blocked advertising. In the same way I think that these functions are replicable and therefore we could only use Malwarebytes for iOS. Try to watch what it does. The download is free. In the Safe Browser of the same company they also block categories of sites chosen by the user (For example drugs, sex, ecc.) Even that is free and is a pretty good feature.

Let me know.

Thanks for the moment

Greetings

Massimiliano

Have you tried the suggested app? Kaspersky ad-cleaner blocks all advertisements; I hope you can do it too soon.
I will be grateful if you want to update me on this.
Greetings
Massimiliano

I'm not sure that I understand. Malwarebytes for iOS already includes an ad & tracker blocker. Are you having a problem with that functionality?

I do not know if you have modified something since the day I installed it but initially, for example, if I opened the website www.meteo.it and viewed the video of weather forecasts, advertising videos were first displayed, now the right video starts without advertising; unfortunately you can not do the same for the app of the same service as he told me the other day: it's a real shame. Now the sites I visit do not appear anymore advertising. It will mean that I will use the sites and not the respective apps in order to save data traffic especially if I’m in 4g and not in Wi-Fi. I can uninstall Kaspersky ad-cleaner now finally. For the moment, thank you.

Greetings.

Massimiliano

Edited by MAXBAR1

Yes, Apple doesn't allow device-wide ad blocking, as that would adversely affect ad-supported free apps... as well as eliminating Apple's cut from those in-app ads. So we can only block ads in Safari. There should not be any apps on iOS that can do that, unless they've somehow managed to sneak that functionality past Apple.

Kaspersky and Malwarebytes block only the ads of Safari but I trust you more and I do not say to flatter you but because I think: otherwise I would not have bought or recommended the purchase of 11 licenses for Mac / pc, 1 for Android and as soon as possible 1 for iOS. In addition Kaspersky, with a separate browser (Kaspersky Safe Browser: a free iOS app) blocks categories of sites chosen by the user among which you can choose sites for adults / weapons / gambling / pedophilia / violence and others: it would not be bad if you managed to implement it as a function additional but that block the sites on Safari

Let me know

Thanks for the moment

Greetings

Massimiliano