I've had a GSOD crash involving mwac.sys twice since installing Windows 10 Insider Build 17101 (and once on the previous insider build.)

Just a FYI that there is still an issue with the Insider builds.

Malwarebytes Version 3.4.0.2380, Component package v. 1.0.313, Update package v 1.0.4042

Can you please gather the logs mentioned in the thread below. Also, please check if you have the following file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp and if you do, zip it up and upload it here or use wetransfer.com to generate a link and send me the link. Thanks!

Hi Imod - Have you seen that the 3.4 beta 2 was released?  The About box will show 3.4.2.2388.  I wonder if you still get the BSOD with the latest beta?

Thanks,

Ben

Hmm, did I miss allowing beta updates? Or did the gremlins revert that setting? Set now, and updated just now to Malwarebytes Version 3.4.2.2388, Component package v. 1.0.316, Update package v 1.0.4100.

When I attempted to update W10 to build 17107,  it crashed and reverted to the previous build. I uninstalled Malwarebytes, using their "clean" tool. W10 build 17107 installed without further hiccups. After letting W10 settle down for about a day, I re-installed Malwarebytes beta 3.4.0.  No crashes since. :)

@lmod - Thanks for the response and thanks for participating in the BETA!  Please let us know if you get any more BSODs with the new build.

Yes, Just had a GSOD on Build 17107. And this time I have a MEMORY.DMP, with size 15.8 GB. It was protected, I altered permissions and now Explorer is compressing it with time remaining of 10 minutes after running for at least 2 minutes without any time remaining estimate.

Later. The zip file is 10.5 GB, so too large to send via wetransfer without paying for their premium offering.

If you wish to see it I could share it on Dropbox, I will need your details so I can share it with the right person/group.

Hi Imod. You can use FileMail: https://www.filemail.com to upload a larger file. I'll send you a private message with an email address you can send to.

Note:

When capturing a MEMORY.DMP for analysis it's often best to copy out of the C:\Windows directory to your desktop so you have the proper permissions to zip it.

i just had a GSOD, naming mwac.sys as the culprit, on W10 Insider build 17110.1000.

I've turned off Web protection, and set Action center to never register Malware bytes.

gmail is still slowly uploading the zipped memory dump from yesterday to Google Drive, maybe about 25% now. I've copied the current MEMORY.DMP

Thank you. Installed without drama. I have turned on Web protection, but have it set to not register with the Windows Action Center.  If you wish me to change that, please advise.

Thanks for letting us know. At a time of your own choosing, if you can restore it to the default setting of 'Let Malwarebytes apply the best Windows Action Center settings....' that would be good as well.