74BE16 virus problem. Please help!

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the 74BE16 virus on a pc running on Vista SP1. It's quite persistent. I tried spyware doctor, and malwarebytes, and both find and remove spyware, but every time I connect a drive or a usb to the computer the virus keeps trying to copy itself from a system32 directory and creates executables on them. I lost internet connection for a while due to some other problem I had, and I did a system restore. After this I ran another quick scan with Malwarebytes and it found 17 infections, much more than before. I'm afraid it still won't be deleted though, and I am considering reinstalling vista because problems are piling up.

I ran hijackthis and included the log together with that Malwarebytes log I mentioned. Couldn

• Staff

Hi,

First of all, please update MalwareBytes, because the databaseversion is outdated.

• Start MalwareBytes and click the Update tab. There click "Check for updates"
  • Once the updates are downloaded, perform a quick scan again.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log, then we'll proceed from there with new steps.

Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

• Staff

Since there is no feedback anymore, I assume this issue is resolved ... so, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.