ikariwolf777

Malwarebytes with Eset or Bitdefender

So, I have been using Eest Smart Security for years now. I wanted the extra protection and found out Malwarbytes premium played real well with Eset. Well, I started hearing about Bitdefender and how great it was. It's hard for me to make the change, since I have grown to really trust eset, but I decided to give it a shot. The one major thing about it though was there is a lot of talk about how bitdefender doesn't play well with others. I never heard that about Eset. Bitdefender seems to keep beating out the competition, so I would like to give it a try, but if it doesn't play well with Malwarebytes, I may go back to Eset. So far, I was able to install Bitdefender with Malwarebytes premium already installed. It did complain about it though. Anyone have experience with Bitdefender while running Malwarebytes premium?

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

They ran fine together for me. You should exclude the Malwarebytes folders from Bitdfender though. The C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes and the C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes. 

I did that and they ran perfectly together. 

Edited by Access Denied

Greetings :)

While I've not personally tested Bitdefender alongside Malwarebytes, I do have experience using ESET and know that they do work well together.  That said, I do know that we've got several users around the forums who use Bitdefender with Malwarebytes and if I recall correctly the only recent issue I heard of had to do with the web blocking component in Bitdefender sometimes needing to be disabled for the web protection in Malwarebytes to function, however it's been a while since I heard anyone mention it so it is possible that this has since been corrected.

@ikariwolf777

:welcome: Forums!

I have used Bitdefender Total Security and Malwarebytes Premium together for years.  They work just fine together.

The only advice that I would offer is to add the Malwarebytes executable files to the Bitdefender "Exclusions".  Also, should you have to uninstall or repair Bitdefender, it is best to deactivate your Malwarebytes Premium licence, and uninstall it first.  Once Bitdefender is reinstalled or repaired, then reinstall and activate your Malwarebytes Premium.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Below are the instructions for exclusions.

I would like you to add these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions list as mentioned in this FAQ HERE (for easy reference I have included the files that need to be excluded below)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

Also please exclude the following folders too: (The complete folder)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

Bitdefender plays perfectly fine with MB3 matter of fact no exclusions are necessary they get along so good. One thing is you may need to DL and install BD first then MB.