RDL2017

3.4 beta fixes update Failure when TEMP is on RAM Drive

I can confirm that the 3.4 beta fixes the update failure which was occurring when Windows TEMP/TMP is on a RAM Drive.

(As previously reported in the topic "Update Failure IS because of TEMP on RAM Drive" in Malwarebytes 3, Malwarebytes Forums at
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/206678-update-failure-is-because-of-temp-on-ram-drive/)

During installation, the initial "Runtime Error (at ...): Could not call proc" error message still appears but, after that is acknowledged, installation continues with a request for a Windows re-start so that installation can be completed.

After restarting, a prompt is issued asking if the user wishes to run a file from an address in the TEMP directory (on RAM drive).

When this is agreed to, installation proper begins and proceeds as would have been expected.

For me, the process appears to have completed successfully and resulted in an on-top update from MBAM 3.3.1.2183 to MBAM 3.4.0.2380 Beta.

The process was straightforward and I did not need to tamper with any environment variables at all.

My previous settings were all preserved apart from the currently usual need to restore the 'Display Language' to my required value.

Thank you for the fix.

Glad to hear it. While we didn't specifically address this issue since we were never able to replicate it, we did make some changes to updating that apparently fixed this.

Thanks for letting us know!