Blocked Pop-up unvisited webpage in Firefox

Hnaam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You ublock is not on in that screenshot. .  ;)

I did refresh so uBlock was removed but the problem still on. While I used my browser this pop up happened very rarely. So I cant answer immediatelly to get block or not after the changes in uBlock.

3 minutes ago, Hnaam said:

While I used my browser this pop up happened very rarely.

Turn Ublock back on and use the extra filters and it seems it is a site you are going to that is causing it and ublock did not catch it. Not the computer. 

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Turn Ublock back on and use the extra filters and it seems it is a site you are going to that is causing it and ublock did not catch it. Not the computer. 

I turned back uBlock with the extra filters. Do you want me to send the bookmarks? Or just visit every page to see if its happen again or not?

1 minute ago, Hnaam said:

I turned back uBlock with the extra filters. Do you want me to send the bookmarks? Or just visit every page to see if its happen again or not?

During your regular surfing pay attention to what page you are on.  The problem does not seem to be your computer or Firefox.  It is just an advertising server that Malwarebytes is blocking.

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

During your regular surfing pay attention to what page you are on.  The problem does not seem to be your computer or Firefox.  It is just an advertising server that Malwarebytes is blocking.

Maybe this site http://fanfox.net/

Once a week I visit this page and read manga's. IF I remember correcly both times I got the first warning when I visited this page. However I red fromt this page since years and never got pop-up message or any pop-up windows. Should I try to delete these bookmarks and refresh firefox again? I would like to remove this pop-up message because I often use ebay and paypal for my work and it would be a big trouble if something happen.

Edited by Hnaam

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

No block for me.

About this I usually dont get the pop up too but for example when I first visited this page after my PC got reisntalled I got the warning message when I first went to this page. I visited several times and nothing. For one week no pop up happened then before I started this topic I visited this page again and got the warning message again.

@Porthos

Hi. Yesterday you told me to delete foxit reader. I did it however some file left in the PC and couldn't be deleted until Firefox was closed.  Then I searched in regedit to find anytthing left from foxit and found this in the image and some other. The circled one value was URL foxit protocol before I deleted it.

Is it can be related with the problem?

5a8c7b498f4f5_foxit02.thumb.jpg.18313feaa4c238e0ec87de72195c25d0.jpg

7 minutes ago, Hnaam said:

Is it can be related with the problem?

Unless you enjoying reinstalling Windows ... Stay out of the registry.

Like I said before, your issue is not on the computer, Is is advertising on websites that lead to a bad server that Malwarebytes is blocking. Ublock missed it and that is why MB is blocking it.

The only way to stay protected (after your trial) is to purchase Malwarebytes.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Unless you enjoying reinstalling Windows ... Stay out of the registry.

Like I said before, your issue is not on the computer, Is is advertising on websites that lead to a bad server that Malwarebytes is blocking. Ublock missed it and that is why MB is blocking it.

The only way to stay protected (after your trial) is to purchase Malwarebytes.

Is it possible a website saved in chrome can caus this because firefox is my main browser?

8 minutes ago, Aura said:

Hi Hnaam :)

Are you always on the same website(s) when you receive the Malwarebytes block notification, or is it always on different websites?

Hi!
First it happened both times when visited this site http://fanfox.net/

The first one happened at 12 days ago. I got this message if visited youtube and fan wikia pages too(sadly I dont know this page was open at that time) I ran malwarebytes, win defender, hitmanpro, Zemana, eset and they found nothing, So I did a full clear with CCleaner. I dont know the pop up stopped after CCleaner but the next day got nothing, it was good for a week and before I started this topic the pop up got blocked again visited fanfox website. During that week when I got no alarm still visited it more times and nothing happened. Yesterday I tried to refesh firefox but whenever I did it I got the blocked pop up message alongside with the newly started firefox.

Edited by Hnaam

Oh and sometimes when I visited fanfox got 502 bad gateway message but it was just a few times.

Also I dont know if this problem related with the block but when I visited fanpage wiki what has background image in the top of screen got some text and the backgound didnt load. ater reloading the page it solved.

text.txt

After I wrote the previous message just in case I deleted the fanfox pages and cleared every browsing datas, The pop-up didnt show up after refreshing Firefox however after 10 mins I got this message while watching videos in indavideo.hu I never got alarm in this site before.

Just so you know, I might not reply right away, but I usually reply within 48h. Reason being that I'm a volunteer, and therefore, I also have things to attend to in real life: work, family, gym, obligations, etc. So don't worry, I won't forget you, but sometimes, it might take just a bit over 24h for me to reply to your thread :)

This being said, can you start by providing me a fresh set of FRST logs? The domain that is being blocked is used for ads, so the websites you visit could be using it because of the ad network they use.

17 hours ago, Aura said:

This being said, can you start by providing me a fresh set of FRST logs? The domain that is being blocked is used for ads, so the websites you visit could be using it because of the ad network they use.

Of course I can However some changes already happened. I deleted the history and one website I usually visited. Since I deleted that website no pop-up happened after firefox got reseted(after refresh always got the pop-up message before www.mangapanda.com got deleted) Just in case I send the previous and the new log files set of FRST

Also sorry for bothering you with my impatiance just trial is end today and I cant purchase to premium at the moment. This mean I going to be unprotected for two weeks.

FRST Prev.txt

Addition Prev.txt

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Your logs are clean. Here's what I think happened:

• You went on a website that uses the flagged domain as part of their ads
  • That website got cached in Mozilla Firefox (since it is also used for tracking purposes), hence why you would receive notifications for it at various moments while browsing
  • Resetting Mozilla Firefox, and therefore, empyting this cache, solved the issue since it also flushed any data belonging to that website on your system

That would be my guess.