darkvexen

Blue Screen Of Death Problems

Title says it all. The most common ones I see pop up are Critical_Structure_Error and Memory_Management. I haven't seen the last one in forever, but I had the Critical Structure Error not too long ago, twice in one night.

Here is everything required:

64 bit

Original OS was Windows 10

Full Retail Version

All the hardware is 3 months old

OS has been reinstalled so many times it is slightly unreal, actually installed Windows 7 at one point to see if it work and it didn't.

CPU:AMD - Athlon X4 845 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Video Card:XFX - Raedon RX 550 4GB Video Card

Motherboard:ASRock - A88M-G/3.1 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard

Power Supply:Corsair CX series CX550 550W ATX12V 80 Plus Bronze

Custom Build PC

I'm not sure exactly where to find the model number.

Desktop

perform.zip

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

Can't open the perfmon.zip report - but I don't use it much, so don't be concerned.

No memory dumps in the uploaded Sysnative report.
No memory dumps listed in the KernelDumpList.txt report
Bugchecks listed in the EvtxSysDump.txt  report were:  STOP 0x133, 0x1A, 0x109
3 BSOD's listed in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version P1.40) dates from 2016.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Only 7 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 16299 (1709/Fall Creators Update) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

The random nature of the BSOD's is suggestive of a hardware problem.
My suggested way to diagnose a hardware problem (3 steps):

My suggested way to diagnose a hardware problem (3 steps):
Step #1)  Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
    Please run ALL of the tests and let us know the results.  (If you can't run all the tests, then at least run these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html )
    FYI - These are the tests and what we usually see for the reports:

1 - Antivirus/antimalware scans:  In short, if there are Trojans or other serious malware - start over in the Am I Infected forums

2 - Memory diagnostics:  Run MemTest86+ for at least 3 passes.  If booting from UEFI, run MemTest86 instead.  Let us know if there were any errors reported
        3 - Hard Drive diagnostics:  Don't sweat the details here.  In short, run the Seagate Seatools Long/Extended test from a bootable disk.  If unable to run it from a bootable disk (UEFI and some others), then run the Seagate Seatools for Windows from within Windows.  There are no diagnostics for SSD's, just run the Crystal Mark tests and let us know if there were any failures
        4 - Furmark:  run the test until the temperature stabilizes.  Don't let it get much over 90ºC.  Let us know the temp it stabilizes at and if there were any problems running the test (other than slowness).
        5 - Prime95:  run the Blend test for 24 hours (this may not be possible, but run it as long as you can.  Look for errors in the output, or for problems running the test (freezes/crashes)
        6 - Video 2 (other video tests):  there's several tests here.  Run all of them.  I'm especially interested in the Video Memory Test.  Let us know the results of the test(s)
          - A - simtek.org memtest
          - B - Video memory stress test
          - C - Artifact Locator
          - D - OCCT - 4 built in tests for CPU, GPU, PSU
          - E - Video Memory Stress Test
        7 - CPU tests:  run at least one test on your CPU and let us know the result.

Step #2)  If all the tests pass, then try to perform a clean install of Windows:

A clean install is:

- Windows is installed to a freshly partitioned hard drive with legitimate installation media (W10:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ).
        - The installation media is only a copy of Windows, not the OEM recovery disks that you can make on some systems.
        - Windows is fully updated after it's installed.  That's ALL updates - none excepted.
        - NO 3rd party software is installed.
        - There are no errors in Device Manager (if you find any, post back for suggestions).
         - The BIOS/UEFI is updated to the latest available version (this presumes that the system is compatible w/Windows 10 also).

This will wipe everything off of the computer, so it's advisable to backup your stuff first.
        Also, it will wipe out all the special software that the OEM added to the system, so if you rely on any of that - let us know what it is so we can figure out a way to save/download it (the easiest way is to create/obtain the OEM;s recovery media)

If unable to find recovery media that has the software (or if you suspect that this is a hardware problem), you can make an image of your system that'll preserve everything in the state that it was in when you made the image.  You can also do this if you don't want to try another hard drive - yet you want to be able to return to the current system state.
        One drawback to this is that you're making an image of a malfunctioning system - so, if there are errors in the system software, you'll have a nice copy of them [:(]
        Another drawback is that the image of the system will be very large - so you'll most likely need a large external drive to store it on.
        But, this will allow you to save everything on the hard drive (although you'll need an image viewer to get things out of the image).
        The point here is that, if it's a hardware problem, then you can restore the system to the point it was when you made the image - after you repair the hardware problem.
        You can obtain more info on imaging in the Backup/Imaging/DiskMgmt forums located here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/238/backup-imaging-and-disk-management-software/

The point of doing this (the clean install) is to:
        - rule out Windows as a problem (if the problem continues, it's not a Windows problem as you completely replaced Windows
        - rule out 3rd party software (if the problem continues, it's not a 3rd party software problem as you didn't install any 3rd party software)
        - so, if the problem continues, it must be a hardware problem.

OTOH, if the problem stops, then it was either a Windows or 3rd party software problem.  If the problem doesn't come back, then you've fixed it.  Then all that remains is setting the computer back up the way that you'd like it and importing your data from the backup you made.

Step #3)  Then, if the clean install confirms the hardware problem, try this procedure to isolate the problem device(s):  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Edited by usasma

I began doing the memory test before I went to work and right before I left (about 20 mins or so), the errors were at about 500 for many of the tests. When I came back from work, they were at 26632 after 8 hours of going. I decided to just move one of the sticks over and run another test. After I ran that test, I only got 58 errors after one pass. Is it possible that one of the slots on my motherboard is faulty?

Yes, it’s possible

Test each stick individually in 1 slot

Then take a stick that tested good and test it in all of the slots individually. That’ll help find any bad slots

if all test bad, then try all individually in each slot until you find a combination that passes

in the event that you can’t find any that pass, it’s either that all sticks are bad - or that all slots are bad. Post back then for further suggestions/discussion (I’m posting from my phone right now