wattshr

Win32/Sofolview and can't even install Malwarebytes

Hi,

I'm on windows 10.  Windows Anti-virus has detected HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS and my computer is doing a sort of weird screen refresh thing periodically and has had some trouble with file explorer crashing.  When I installed malwarebytes, I get the message "Runtime Error (at 346:134) Access violation at address 7351F1CB in module 'ucrtbase.dll'. Read of address 00000000."  I have attached the two FRST Scans and I'm hoping someone can help.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Hello wattshr and welcome to Malwarebytes,

AutoKMS is software designed to crack versions of Windows and/or Microsoft Office. It does show up as a scheduled task on your system...?

Unless you are aware of the following please upload to VirusTotal to be checked...

Upload a File to Virustotal

Go to http://www.virustotal.com/

• Click the Choose file button
  • Navigate to the file C:\Program Files (x86)\SFProc\sfproc.exe
  • Click the Scan it tab
  • If you get a message saying File has already been analyzed: click Reanalyze file now
  • Copy and paste the URL address back here please.

Thanks,

Kevin...

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the quick reply.  Sorry, I don't know what a scheduled task is ("It does show up as a scheduled task on your system...? ") but I opened something called "Task Scheculer" and it isn't working.  It won't connect or display any tasks. 

Should I still proceed with the Virustotal file scan?

Heather

Hello Heather,

Don`t worry about AutoKMS, although it does show in scheduled tasks the target executable file appears to be missing.... We can shift the scheduled task later... Yes please proceed with VT scan...

Kevin...:)

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file when running FRST fix"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Let me know if there are any remaining issues or concerns....

Thank you,

Kevin...

fixlist.txt

Hi Kevin,

Thank you.  Here is the fixlog... I'll have to wait to see if the issues arrise again as they aren't all the time, just intermittent.   Fingers crossed!

Heather

Fixlog.txt

Sure.  I'll be out of town tomorrow but I will check in with you Monday when I'm back using my computer again.  :-)

Hi Kevin,

So I'm back at my computer.  I haven't noticed the weird refresh problem happening, but there is a new issue.  When I come back to the computer after a long absence to sign in again, I click the screen but the sign in option will not appear.  Clicking on the screen anywhere repeatedly does nothing.  The only way to get the sign in box to appear is to press ctrl-alt-delete which brings up the admin sign in box and then it works fine from there.  

Should I try installing malwarebytes now? (it wouldn't install before but since we did the fixlog maybe it will work now and can find something?)

Thanks,

Heather 

Hey Kevin,

Sorry an update from my last post--I was able to bring up the admin sign in box by clicking the mouse just now.  I'm still not sure if it's behaving the same way as before though and it definitely didn't work a few times. 

Heather

Unfortunately it has still been acting weird, particularly file explorer with image thumbnails and when I move files.  Now windows defender is flagging "Win32/Sofolview"  

Hi,

I'm on windows 10.  Windows Anti-virus has detected Win32/Sofolview and my computer is doing a sort of weird screen refresh thing periodically and has had some trouble withchoose files... Click to choose files file explorer when I move files and it's inconsistant with showing image thumbnails.  When I install malwarebytes, I get an error in module 'ucrtbase.dll' and it won't properly install.  I think it's partially installed right now.  I have attached the two new FRST Scans and I'm hoping someone can help. 

I recently posted regarding HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS which wasn't officially "solved" and I suspect this is related to that initial infection.    

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Heather

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Apologies for late reply, been offline for several days due to internet access problems... Do you still need assistance..

Edited by kevinf80

Hi Kevin, no problem.  Yes, I reposted it with new logs yesterday but no one has responded yet: 

Hope you got your internet sorted and thanks for any help you can give!  :-)

Heather

Sorry, that link above where it says "choose files... Click to choose files" is just a random error.  Not sure how it got in there but I can't seem to edit it out.  Please disregard it.

Hello Heather,

I`ve merged your other thread with this one to stop confusion. Run the following:

Download RogueKiller and save it on your desktop, ensure to download correct version..

RogueKiller (X86)

RogueKiller (x64)

• Exit all running applications.
  • Double-click on RogueKiller.exe to launch the tool. On its first execution, RogueKiller will disply the software license (EULA), click on "Accept" to continue.
  • If RogueKiller is unable to load, do not hesitate to try launching it several times or rename it winlogon.
  • Click "Start Scan" to begin the analysis. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan is complete, click the "Open TXT" button to display the scan report.
  • Copy/Paste it's content in your next reply.

Do not use the Remove Selected option until i`ve had a look at the log..

Thank you,

Kevin....

Hi Kevin,

No problem running it!  Ooh--13 threats detected.  I have not done anything but scan.  Here's the TXT file copy/paste:

RogueKiller V12.12.4.0 (x64) [Feb 12 2018] (Free) by Adlice Software
mail : http://www.adlice.com/contact/
Blog : http://www.adlice.com

Operating System : Windows 10 (10.0.16299) 64 bits version
Started in : Normal mode
User : admin [Administrator]
Started from : C:\Users\admin\Desktop\RogueKiller_portable64.exe
Mode : Scan -- Date : 02/17/2018 13:58:00 (Duration : 00:27:29)

¤¤¤ Processes : 2 ¤¤¤
[VT.Unknown] staffservice.exe(9400) -- C:\Program Files (x86)\SFProc\staffservice.exe[7] -> Found
[VT.Unknown] QtWebEngineProcess.exe(7784) -- C:\Program Files (x86)\SFProc\QtWebEngineProcess.exe[7] -> Found

¤¤¤ Registry : 5 ¤¤¤
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1] (X86) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Solvusoft -> Found
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Solvusoft -> Found
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Solvusoft -> Found
[PUM.StartMenu] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced | Start_ShowMyGames : 0  -> Found
[PUM.StartMenu] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced | Start_ShowMyGames : 0  -> Found

¤¤¤ Tasks : 1 ¤¤¤
[PUP.HackTool] \AutoKMS -- C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe -> Found

¤¤¤ Files : 5 ¤¤¤
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft -> Found
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft -> Found
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Solvusoft -> Found
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Program Files (x86)\Solvusoft -> Found

¤¤¤ WMI : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Hosts File : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Antirootkit : 0 (Driver: Loaded) ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Web browsers : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ MBR Check : ¤¤¤
+++++ PhysicalDrive0: ST1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] 532add4e7db5a944d619cfc4b2aeead3
[BSP] 9f3ce1a980f66926ada36b485be42f92 : Windows Vista/7/8|VT.Unknown MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [ACTIVE] NTFS (0x7) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 2048 | Size: 100 MB [Windows Vista/7/8 Bootstrap | Windows Vista/7/8 Bootloader]
1 - [XXXXXX] NTFS (0x7) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 206848 | Size: 953296 MB [Windows Vista/7/8 Bootstrap | Windows Vista/7/8 Bootloader]
2 - [XXXXXX] ACER (0x27) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 1952559104 | Size: 469 MB
User = LL1 ... OK
User = LL2 ... OK

+++++ PhysicalDrive1: TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 USB Device +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] c5d19479a655dee0e12d12263aceb7bb
[BSP] f3cd4ce280b5f224bb5b1eb86fbc0e39 : Empty|VT.Unknown MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [XXXXXX] FAT32-LBA (0xc) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 2048 | Size: 1907727 MB
User = LL1 ... OK
Error reading LL2 MBR! ([32] The request is not supported. )

Run RogueKiller again....

• Wait for the scan to complete
  • On completion, the results will be displayed
  • Checkmark the following found entries:

Registry :-

[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1] (X86) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Solvusoft -> Found
    [PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Solvusoft -> Found
    [PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Solvusoft -> Found
    [PUM.StartMenu] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced | Start_ShowMyGames : 0 -> Found
    [PUM.StartMenu] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced | Start_ShowMyGames : 0 -> Found

Tasks :-

[PUP.HackTool] \AutoKMS -- C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe -> Found

Files :-

[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft -> Found
    [PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Solvusoft -> Found
    [PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Program Files (x86)\Solvusoft -> Found

• Leave all other "Found" entries UNChecked
  • click on the Remove Selected button
  • On completion, the results will be displayed. Click on the Open Report button in the bottom left corner, followed by the Open TXT button (also in the bottom left corner)
  • This will open the report in Notepad. Copy/paste its content in your next reply....

Post that log,

Next,

Run FRST one more time, ensure all boxes are checkmarked under "Whitelist" but only Addition.txt under "Optional scan" Select scan, when done post the new logs. "FRST.txt" and "Addition.txt"

Let me see those logs in your reply...

Thank you,

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

Here's the copy paste from the removal and see FRST files attached.

Hopefully I didn't screw it up.  After pressing remove on the RogueKiller I also pressed "finish" and rebooted my computer.  Hopefully that was ok. 

RogueKiller V12.12.4.0 (x64) [Feb 12 2018] (Free) by Adlice Software
mail : http://www.adlice.com/contact/
Blog : http://www.adlice.com

Operating System : Windows 10 (10.0.16299) 64 bits version
Started in : Normal mode
User : admin [Administrator]
Started from : C:\Users\admin\Desktop\RogueKiller_portable64.exe
Mode : Delete -- Date : 02/17/2018 15:40:31 (Duration : 00:25:25)

¤¤¤ Processes : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Registry : 5 ¤¤¤
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1] (X86) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Solvusoft -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Solvusoft -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Solvusoft -> Deleted
[PUM.StartMenu] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced | Start_ShowMyGames : 0  -> Replaced (1)
[PUM.StartMenu] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2687619029-2276487847-4279468765-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced | Start_ShowMyGames : 0  -> Replaced (1)

¤¤¤ Tasks : 1 ¤¤¤
[PUP.HackTool] \AutoKMS -- C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe -> Deleted

¤¤¤ Files : 5 ¤¤¤
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft -> Removed at reboot [91]
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\DriverDoc\Logs\Installer.log.txt -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\DriverDoc\Logs -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\DriverDoc\suite.cfg -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\DriverDoc -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Programs Bar -> ERROR [5]
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite\Dumps -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite\Logs\Installer.log.txt -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite\Logs\MachineId.log.txt -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite\Logs\Service.log.txt -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite\Logs -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite\product.cfg -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite\suite.cfg -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray\Configurations -> ERROR [5]
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray\Logs\CommonTrayInstaller.log.txt -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray\Logs -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray\Menu -> ERROR [5]
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray -> Removed at reboot [91]
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft\DriverDoc\Dumps -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft\DriverDoc\Logs\DH.0000.log -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft\DriverDoc\Logs\UI.log.txt -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft\DriverDoc\Logs -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft\DriverDoc -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite\Logs\Client.log.txt -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite\Logs -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Solvusoft\Solvusoft Suite -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Solvusoft -> Removed at reboot [91]
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Solvusoft\DriverDoc -> ERROR [5]
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Programs Bar\fred.txt -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Programs Bar -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray\Configurations\DVPRO.xml -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray\Configurations\TKTRAY.xml -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray\Configurations -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][File] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray\Menu\products_list.xml -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray\Menu -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\ProgramData\Solvusoft\Tray -> Deleted
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Program Files (x86)\Solvusoft -> Removed at reboot [91]
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Program Files (x86)\Solvusoft\DriverDoc -> ERROR [5]
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Program Files (x86)\Solvusoft\Languages -> ERROR [5]
[PUP.Gen0|PUP.Gen1][Folder] C:\Program Files (x86)\Solvusoft\Tray -> ERROR [5]

¤¤¤ WMI : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Hosts File : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Antirootkit : 0 (Driver: Loaded) ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ Web browsers : 0 ¤¤¤

¤¤¤ MBR Check : ¤¤¤
+++++ PhysicalDrive0: ST1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] 532add4e7db5a944d619cfc4b2aeead3
[BSP] 9f3ce1a980f66926ada36b485be42f92 : Windows Vista/7/8|VT.Unknown MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [ACTIVE] NTFS (0x7) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 2048 | Size: 100 MB [Windows Vista/7/8 Bootstrap | Windows Vista/7/8 Bootloader]
1 - [XXXXXX] NTFS (0x7) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 206848 | Size: 953296 MB [Windows Vista/7/8 Bootstrap | Windows Vista/7/8 Bootloader]
2 - [XXXXXX] ACER (0x27) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 1952559104 | Size: 469 MB
User = LL1 ... OK
User = LL2 ... OK

+++++ PhysicalDrive1: TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 USB Device +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] c5d19479a655dee0e12d12263aceb7bb
[BSP] f3cd4ce280b5f224bb5b1eb86fbc0e39 : Empty|VT.Unknown MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [XXXXXX] FAT32-LBA (0xc) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 2048 | Size: 1907727 MB
User = LL1 ... OK
Error reading LL2 MBR! ([32] The request is not supported. )

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Those logs from FRST are clean, no obvious Malware or Infection. How is your PC responding, any odd or erratic behavior, same for your Browser...

Hmm.  Not back to normal.  Photos in "my pictures" still don't display any thumbnails in file explorer.  Malwarebytes encounters the same error when I try and install it and I I'm still getting some odd refreshes of my desktop. 

Hiya wattshr,

Regarding thumbnails, open "Control Panel" next to "View By" make sure either large or small icons is selected... from the icons listed select "File Explorer Options" from the new window select "View" Make sure the first entry "Always show icons, never show thumbnails" is not checked....

Next,

Please download VEW by Vino Rosso from HERE and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click VEW.exe. to start, Vista and Windows 7/8 users Right Click and select "Run as Administrator"
  • Under 'Select log to query...check the boxes for both Application and System.
  • Under 'Select type to list... select both Error and Critical.
  • Click the radio button for 'Number of events...Type 15 in the 1 to 20 box.
  • Then click the Run button.
  • Notepad will open with the output log. It will take a couple of minutes to generate the log, please be patient.

Please post the Output log in your next reply.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks.  Yeah, the view by icons (you said control panel for this but I think you just meant the options when you right click in the photo folder?) were right.  Also "always show icons..." was not checked in the control panel view section.  Before I checked these it started loading some thumbnails slowly.  The green status bar at the top of the folder has to run for a while, then some thumbnails appear. 

The VIEW tool brought up the following windows notification and did not produce any logs. :-(  "Windows Event Viewer -- Reports form 1 to 20 of the last events or between two dates. has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" and a "close program" button.