BrianInWA

Win 10 BSOD System_service_Exception in mwac.sys

Yeah unfortunately got the BSOD screen 3 times in the space of 20 mins :( back to the drawing board i guess and web protection is back off for time being.

I would upload my memory dump file but it's close to 1GB .. i won't be uploading that bugger lol

Edited by Nosferatu_UK

That's great news! I won't be able to update the machine in question until Saturday night or so, but I'll do so promptly once I return, and will let you know the outcome. Thanks so much!

Right, I haven't jumped the gun this time and allowed my PC to remain running for a good few hours and even played the new HUNT: Showdown game for a good few hours, with MWbytes running including everything protected (web protection etc) and SO FAR.. no troubles :D Most happy again lol

Edited by Nosferatu_UK

OK, here's my data point: This morning Task Manager shows an uptime of 2 days since I installed 3.4.3.2394. I don't think it's too soon to theorize that you have, indeed, corrected the WP bug!

Oddly (and perhaps coincidentally), I've seen other performance impacts; notably a significant decrease in MS Word launch time. All in all, I'm a happy camper.

Thanks!

MWB Version Capture.png

Open Settings and under Application, click Install Application Updates. There is a new final build of 3.4.4 that is not beta with the fix in it. ^_^