Hi

I seem to be having a similar problem to others, I had a prompt earlier saying there was a new version so I tried to install it and I now have a loop where it asks me to reboot to complete installation, only problem is it keeps doing it and never installs.  It has also deleted Malwarebytes completely.  

Please Help

58 minutes ago, bcodagnone said:

Please Help

:welcome:

So let's try to find what's being leftover. Can you please open a command prompt window and run the following two commands exactly as entered?

reg query hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall /s >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall_list.txt"
reg query hklm\software\wow6432node\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall /s >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall_list.txt"

This should create a file on your desktop named uninstall_list.txt. Please upload that file

5 minutes ago, bcodagnone said:

File attached

This fix is for bcodagnone Only

Please download the attached clean.zip, extract the file inside, and double-click it to run it. This should delete the remnant of the old Malwarebytes product and then you should be able to install the current version of Malwarebytes. https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3

Please post your results.

clean.zip

15 minutes ago, bcodagnone said:

deletes the installed version of Malwarebytes.

Let me get this correct, Have you tried to install https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 Over what you have? 

If so, Boot to safe mode with networking and run MB- Clean from there.

Edited by Porthos

39 minutes ago, bcodagnone said:

I rebooted into Safe Mode with Networking and ran the MB clean program, text file is attached. I then tried to install the latest version and it kept rebooting and deleted the program. I then reinstalled version 3.1.2 and that one installed fine.

mb-clean-results.txt

User Account type:    Limited Use

Please do it from an Administrator account. 

@bcodagnone

Could you get us your registry dump so we can look over what is being left behind and causing installation issues?

1. Click "Windows" + R
  2. In the Run dialog, type "regedit" and hit yes to the UAC prompt (if one comes up)
  3. Right click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and hit "Export"
  4. Select the location to export to, name the file and hit "Save"... This process can take a few minutes so if it seems like its frozen, give it some time.
  5. Once it saves, right click the saved file, go to "Send to" and select "Compressed"
  6. Upload file to www.wetransfer.com and attach the link here
    1. To upload by link, hit the little dots on wetransfer and there will be an option for a link

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Jekko said:

@bcodagnone - Please try stopping the self-protection module before you upgrade to 3.3.1.

1. Click on Settings.
  2. Click on Protection.
  3. Close to the bottom, turn off the setting Enable self-protection module.

Same thing occurred, upgrade process deleted the current version and then rebooted. Once the PC rebooted it tried to install again rebooted. Endless loop

21 hours ago, Porthos said:

So let's try to find what's being leftover. Can you please open a command prompt window and run the following two commands exactly as entered?

reg query hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall /s >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall_list.txt"
reg query hklm\software\wow6432node\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall /s >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall_list.txt"

This should create a file on your desktop named uninstall_list.txt. Please upload that file

With no MB installed do this again and post the log, please.

9 minutes ago, vbarytskyy said:

@bcodagnone

Could you get us your registry dump so we can look over what is being left behind and causing installation issues?

1. Click "Windows" + R
  2. In the Run dialog, type "regedit" and hit yes to the UAC prompt (if one comes up)
  3. Right click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and hit "Export"
  4. Select the location to export to, name the file and hit "Save"... This process can take a few minutes so if it seems like its frozen, give it some time.
  5. Once it saves, right click the saved file, go to "Send to" and select "Compressed"
  6. Upload file to www.wetransfer.com and attach the link here
    1. To upload by link, hit the little dots on wetransfer and there will be an option for a link

Thanks

who do I send it to, looks like I need an "email to"