40elephants

DHCP option for Management Console to avoid stale IPs?

Greetings.

I have inherited an installation of MWB Management Console/Server, v. 1.6.0.2816.  I'm currently making preparations to upgrade to v. 1.8, but there's a specific issue I'm hoping to address that does not appear to be mentioned in the documentation:  client IP for our end users is acquired using DNS, and since some of our endpoints are laptops that travel off-campus and other endpoints are machines that will occasionally be powered off for several days at a time, I find I am spending a lot of time curating the client database to deal with stale IPs and duplicate user endpoints.

My question, therefore, is: does the Management Console offer a means of acquiring IP through DHCP instead, and if not, does MWB offer a different product with that functionality that I should investigate instead? 

Yours in gratitude for your time and expertise, -Kyle

@40elephants I'm pretty sure you'll get more attention if this was posted in the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security forum, specifically the one for Enterprise Console (https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/230-malwarebytes-management-console/). This particular forum is for Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection, basically those that use the cloud console.

Greetings.

I have inherited an installation of MWB Management Console/Server, v. 1.6.0.2816.  I'm currently making preparations to upgrade to v. 1.8, but there's a specific issue I'm hoping to address that does not appear to be mentioned in the documentation:  client IP for our end users is acquired using DNS, and since some of our endpoints are laptops that travel off-campus and other endpoints are machines that will occasionally be powered off for several days at a time, I find I am spending a lot of time curating the client database to deal with stale IPs and duplicate user endpoints.

My question, therefore, is: does the Management Console offer a means of acquiring IP through DHCP instead, and if not, does MWB offer a different product with that functionality that I should investigate instead? 

Yours in gratitude for your time and expertise, -Kyle

Duplicates are an issue with AD syncing, which console 1.6 suffers from greatly. he fix is to upgrade.

Roaming and remote clients are also not supported, machines need to be in network. DHCP is of no consequence, the clients post what their IP is, the MBMC server does not reach out and query for it, as control of communication is done from the client itself, which connects to the server via the information stored in C:\programdata\sccomm\sccomm.xml. Basically, if the information is stale on the client view within MBMC, it is because the client itself has not updated it.