• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

• Staff

Greetings,

Are you running version 3.3 or later of Malwarebytes or is it a previous version?  I ask because they did attempt to fix this in the most recent version which was released not too long ago, though it's possible that it still hasn't eliminated this issue in all cases.

As for renaming the file, you'll probably need to do so offline via a bootable CD, DVD or USB if you have one or via the Windows Recovery Environment if Safe Mode doesn't work.  You can find some options on how to create bootable tools and access the various repair/recovery options for various operating systems posted here and if you need additional assistance with it please let us know.  It appears you're running Windows 7 but let us know if that is not correct so that we are sure to recommend the appropriate tools/instructions if needed.

Additionally, if you can get us a copy of the offending driver mbamswissarmy.sys and copies of the crash dump files created by Windows from the crash event they might prove helpful to the Dev and Support teams for troubleshooting and fixing this issue.

Edited by exile360

Hi exile360,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes am running latest version:

image.png.a6b68f2077f9e22823860f7abc94b88c.png

Running Windows 7 x64:

image.png.07daa87d00eb2162b36f212c52002441.png

Not sure on how to attach copy of the driver.

Zipped memory.dmp was too large to upload as was zipped mb-check-results?

I'm now thinking that this may have something to do with me not installing the latest windows updates that address the Meltdown/ Spectre bug yet? Perhaps where malwarebytes is trying to scan is incompatible with pre-update windows?

• Staff

Those Windows patches shouldn't affect Malwarebytes to my knowledge (I don't have them yet either due to the fact that I'm running Windows 7 on a Skylake based system; a configuration not supported by MS for the patch, which I believe they disabled via a later update anyway due to problems experienced by many users (BSODs and performance issues mostly).

As for getting the files to us, if you can upload them to RapidShare or a similar free file sharing service and provide the download link here in your reply, that would be quite helpful.  They may not require them, but I'd like to get them for the Developers just in case they find them helpful in tracking down the root cause of these issues so that they might be able to code a permanent fix into a future release.

• Staff

Can you please grab the logs mentioned in the following post: 

Also, if you have a file at c:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp can you zip this file up and upload it to wetransfer.com. If you click the three dots near the bottom of the upload page, you can choose to generate a link. Please private message me that link.

Hi Devin,

No C: drive is not compressed. I haven't ran any disk de-frag. Only disk optimiser software is Samsung Magician, but haven't used it in over a year.

I did find only 1.43 GB of space left when I just checked it for compression. I transferred some large files off to free up some space. Having said that, I do have a system managed 16GB page file on it - not sure why it would run out of space? Unless it was to do with that RAM bug malwarebytes had the other week?

image.png.50ffa6092e83526a9850cf3603f730ea.png

• 1 month later...