[solved] Error code 703(0,7) after install.

L.s.

On an updated XP SP3 with Avira v.9 free and Online Armor Premium, I get the error code 703(0,7).

After MBAM is installed and I either choose update&start, update or do nothing and then manually update, I get the same error code.

Both with Avira Guard enabled and disabled.

I've also tried setting Online Armor in both learning mode and using the trust/install pop-up options.

Also, after each try, I've rebooted and used mbamclean.exe.

Still, no luck <_<

Any idea what might be the cause or solution because I'm stuck.

I guess the first thing I should ask is, are you using any memory managers?

Hi, thanks for responding.

No, I don't use any memory manager.

I've had MBAM installed earlier with pretty much the same software setup as I've got now.

Always worked and updated flawless...

Is VisualBasic the culprit?

p.s. I'm using a PentiumM 1.6 GHz and 1 GB memory.

I think I've found it.

With Online Armor's HIPS Features disabled (and a required reboot), MBAM started up (manually) without any issues and updated fine.

Did a quick scan, also fine.

(Avira AV v.9 free Active guard was enabled).

Online Armor Premium's HIPS seems to be the culprit or at least a recent update for it.

Maybe you guys can replicate this to make sure?

Cheers

I'll make sure the developers are aware of the issue. Thanks. <_<

Doh!

After uninstalling MBAM and running the 'MBAM cleaner.exe' and most importantly, removing all MBAM entries in Online Armor\Programs and OA\Autoruns, the problem was solved.

Just now, I've installed and updated MBAM free version and a quick scan is running merrily.

While I'm not sure, could an 'old' vbalsgrid6.ocx file in OA\Autoruns have been producing the 703(0,7) error?

Anyway, the scan is completed, MBAM and OA both run fine.

Cheers.

Mods, this thread can be marked as solved.

While I'm not sure, could an 'old' vbalsgrid6.ocx file in OA\Autoruns have been producing the 703(0,7) error?

Old files can certainly cause weird errors, but I do not know if this specific file being old would have caused the error 703(0,7). It probably depends on how old the file was, because I'm not sure with what frequency it's updated.

• 2 weeks later...
Mods, this thread can be marked as solved.

I don't think this issue has been solved. I've had the same problems opening Malwarebytes, running Online Armor. I'm not willing to disable HIPS protection, as that's the primary reason I use OA. I've deleted all entries relating to mbam in OA, uninstalled Malwarebytes, run the cleaner, rebooted, and reinstalled Malwarebytes with OA turned off, all to no avail. I'm exasperated. For now, I'm simply uninstalling the beast. When you get the problem fixed, let me know.

Greetings Oxa :) .

I'm not sure that the Malwarebytes' developers could possibly sort this out as it seems to be OA causing the issue. Perhaps you should contact OA if you've not done so already to make them aware of the issue and they may be able to either provide a method for allowing them to work together or figure out how to make OA not prevent Malwarebytes' from working in a future OA release.

I have been neglecting doing testing because I thought the issue had been resolved, and no one else has complained about it until now. I'll fire up a VM when I have some time and do some testing (wish I had a test box to use, but I can't afford it right now).