Running the mbmc-setup-1.8.0.3443 the installer will launch and test the prerequisites, but when it starts to install the program fails.    the install log indicates:

Running command 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe' with arguments ' -I "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\scserver.94511\ManagementSystemSetup.msi"

The file doesn't exist in the location.

The file will install on other servers / workstations, but not on this server.  A co-worker did a clean-up on the server and ended up uninstalling the old control panel (version 1.5.0.2701) as part of the clean-up.

Any ideas would be great.

Before anyone from MBAM comes in, here's my two cents, and three steps.

1. Go through all Program Files, Program Files (x86), and ProgramData folders and delete all Malwarebytes folders.  Then go throught that xxxx user's (above) AppData folders and do the same.

2.  Install CCleaner - disable the monitoring in Settings - and run the Registry utility to check for any registry fragments, then delete them.

3. Reboot the server and see if the installation works.

@mdanker I'm pretty sure you'll get more attention if this was posted in the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security forum, specifically the one for Enterprise Console (https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/230-malwarebytes-management-console/). This particular forum is for Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection, basically those that use the cloud console.

Edited by Kalrand

Running the mbmc-setup-1.8.0.3443 the installer will launch and test the prerequisites, but when it starts to install the program fails.    the install log indicates:

Running command 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe' with arguments ' -I "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\scserver.94511\ManagementSystemSetup.msi"

The file doesn't exist in the location.

The file will install on other servers / workstations, but not on this server.  A co-worker did a clean-up on the server and ended up uninstalling the old control panel (version 1.5.0.2701) as part of the clean-up.

Any ideas would be great.

It was suggested that I move this from another area.  - Tried running CCleaner for Registry and removing all malware from anywhere on C drive.  Install still fails.

Thanks,

Kalran - Thanks for the suggestion.  I moved this post there a few minutes ago.  

Kahml - Worked your suggestion but no go on the install.  Looking at logs again to see if anything is telling there.

Thanks,

The MSI it refers to in the log is destroyed when you exit the installer. What you are seeing to me sounds like you are trying to install the product on a server that already has an installation of IIS 7.5 Express or IIS 8 Express. Is this true for you?