sensu40

Conflicts(if any) with Kaspersky

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2017.

I want to buy Malwarebytes Premium for Home.

Will I be able to use both of these without any problem?

Thank you.

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

1 hour ago, sensu40 said:

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2017.

I want to buy Malwarebytes Premium for Home.

Will I be able to use both of these without any problem?

Thank you.

There are some issues with MB and Kaspersky at the moment. There is a fix and will be part of the next release of MB

Thank you for the response.

As per the suggested solution, we are unchecking : Advanced Disinfection and regular toolkit scan in Kaspersky.

Is not this disadvantageous?

Are there similar features to Kaspersky's  Advanced Disinfection and regular toolkit scan in Malwarebytes?

I've been using Kaspersky Internet Security and MBAM for years and they've worked fine up to a few months ago when the Web protection no longer seemed to block anything.

Disabling Advanced disinfection and rootkit doesn't seem to resolve the issue, though MBAM Exploit protection and Malware protection work fine.  I'm hoping that the upcoming update will fix this issue.

Edited by alhazred

On 2/8/2018 at 8:24 PM, Porthos said:

There are some issues with MB and Kaspersky at the moment. There is a fix and will be part of the next release of MB

On my other thread I mentioned I was just about to upgrade from MBAM 2.2 to MB3 and I also use Kaspersky. I am now going to wait until this release, as it seems close. Does anyone know what the version number will be and an approximate release date?

After this fix, will we still need to disable Advanced Disinfection and rootkit?

Edited by Stevie D

4 hours ago, Stevie D said:

Can anyone confirm if the issue with Kaspersky has been resolved by the latest release?

I've been using MBAM and KIS since I first installed KIS 2018 when it first came out, never have had any problems whatsoever. Both work well together.

19 hours ago, Stevie D said:

Can anyone confirm if the issue with Kaspersky has been resolved by the latest release?

Don't think so. Web Protection blocking nothing here with 3.4.5.

Edited by keverne
Added info

15 hours ago, plb4333 said:

I've been using MBAM and KIS since I first installed KIS 2018 when it first came out, never have had any problems whatsoever. Both work well together.

But, I don't use MalwareBytes version 2.2...v3.45 is what I use

On 4/19/2018 at 9:27 PM, plb4333 said:

But, I don't use MalwareBytes version 2.2...v3.45 is what I use

KIS 2018 405(h) with MBAM Premium 3.4.5 and 3.5.1 exhibits the problem adding the exclusions described  and making the changes to KIS settings recommended as the workaround (https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2324)  have no effect. I can access http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ from all browsers. Hoping this will be fix Hoping this will be fixed at some point in the meantime I am just going to assume KIS is doing it's job and blocking malicious sites.

15 hours ago, MorpheusUK said:

KIS 2018 405(h) with MBAM Premium 3.4.5 and 3.5.1 exhibits the problem adding the exclusions described  and making the changes to KIS settings recommended as the workaround (https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2324)  have no effect. I can access http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ from all browsers. Hoping this will be fix Hoping this will be fixed at some point in the meantime I am just going to assume KIS is doing it's job and blocking malicious sites.

Try KIS 2019 and see if MalwareBytes 3.5.1 works properly now - it does here.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/395351-kaspersky-internet-security-2019-official-released-kis-19001088aen_14169exe/

The new version 19 of Kaspersky does not work properly with Malwarebytes.

Even with the exclusions, it only works right if the Web shield is disabled

With the enabled, the speed of navigation is slow and the Kaspersky Addon does not work.

As I use the Addon of Malwarebytes and Firefox, the Wen Shield for now is not essential in this case, but I hope to solve when the final version comes out, because disable important protections in Kaspesrky not see it as an alternative

On 5/21/2018 at 11:13 AM, keverne said:

This seems to work for me and I am not experiencing any issues as described by miguelgrado. I did have to manually uninstall the Kaspersky Protection Firefox addon and reinstall it to get Safe Money working. Once uninstalled just reinstall it from C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0\FFExt\light_plugin_firefox\addon.xpi. I have the mutual exclusions in place on KIS and MBAM.

I installed this version of KIS which i believe is the final release version: https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/homeuser/kis2019/19.0.0.1088a/english-gb-0.1248.0/united kingdom(en-gb)/kis19.0.0.1088aen_14170.exe

6 hours ago, MorpheusUK said:

This seems to work for me and I am not experiencing any issues as described by miguelgrado. I did have to manually uninstall the Kaspersky Protection Firefox addon and reinstall it to get Safe Money working. Once uninstalled just reinstall it from C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0\FFExt\light_plugin_firefox\addon.xpi. I have the mutual exclusions in place on KIS and MBAM.

I installed this version of KIS which i believe is the final release version: https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/homeuser/kis2019/19.0.0.1088a/english-gb-0.1248.0/united kingdom(en-gb)/kis19.0.0.1088aen_14170.exe

For me, in two teams, it follows the problem.

Just disabling the Malwarebytes Web Shield works Ok

If I have it activated you see this

Sin título.png

Edited by miguelgrado

If you're going to disable Web Protection in Malwarebytes, you might try the Malwarebytes browser extension which is currently in beta.  While it won't necessarily block everything that Web Protection in Malwarebytes 3 blocks, it should block a lot of the nastiness out there.  It uses behavioral detection to block scams, phishing, trackers, malicious ads and lots of other online badness.  It's designed to ideally be used alongside Web Protection in Malwarebytes 3, however even without Web Protection it can still be quite useful for blocking a lot of the online nastiness:

Malwarebytes for Chrome
Malwarebytes for Firefox

It's only available for Chrome and Firefox currently, so if you use either of those browsers or any based on the same source code (like SRWare Iron etc.) then you can install it to help block the badness.  It shouldn't conflict with Kaspersky's plugin so it's a way for you to still get some web based protection from Malwarebytes in addition to the protection offered by Kaspersky.

3 hours ago, exile360 said:

If you're going to disable Web Protection in Malwarebytes, you might try the Malwarebytes browser extension which is currently in beta.  While it won't necessarily block everything that Web Protection in Malwarebytes 3 blocks, it should block a lot of the nastiness out there.  It uses behavioral detection to block scams, phishing, trackers, malicious ads and lots of other online badness.  It's designed to ideally be used alongside Web Protection in Malwarebytes 3, however even without Web Protection it can still be quite useful for blocking a lot of the online nastiness:

Malwarebytes for Chrome
Malwarebytes for Firefox

It's only available for Chrome and Firefox currently, so if you use either of those browsers or any based on the same source code (like SRWare Iron etc.) then you can install it to help block the badness.  It shouldn't conflict with Kaspersky's plugin so it's a way for you to still get some web based protection from Malwarebytes in addition to the protection offered by Kaspersky.

The extension and had installed, and detects more even than the WEB shield, but I hope is resolved equally

On 5/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, miguelgrado said:

I hope is resolved equally

I hope that, too :(

On 5/26/2018 at 9:03 AM, exile360 said:

Malwarebytes for Chrome
Malwarebytes for Firefox

will the browser extension block iptest.malwarebytes.org. ? lke web protection on mbam does?

P.S. An user asked on Kaspersky forum to solve the new Kaspersky Protection extension problem but, as usual, like it has happened in the previous episodes of conflict between Kaspersky and Malwarebytes softwares, this is what they've said (it's not the real answer, of course, but the hidden meaning of it):

"We are stronger than Malwarebytes, so you don't need it. Uninstall it, since Kaspersky is the best and will work better alone."

The problem is that it's not true, otherwise, we would not use Kaspersky and Malwarebytes together ?

I'm very sorry for the fact that, again, only the Malwarebytes team will have to face the issue, while the Kaspersky Lab staff washes his hands of it