MAXBAR1

Malwarebytes Beta 3.2 - what could be added before the final version

I have now installed the Malwarebytes beta for macOS 3.2; it works very well; I do not know if it's normal, but with the same system the scan has gone from 12 seconds to 3 seconds: almost not noticed.
They would still serve, in my opinion, date and time of the last scan in the menu open from the M near the macOS battery indicator and a visual indication of the system status (ok, warning, critical) always in the same menu: as it is possible from this menu both the update and the scan this indication would never open Malwarebytes.

I'd like to know from TREED about this.

thanks

greetings

A function of adblock during browsing with Safari would not be bad either.

We did refactor some of the inefficient legacy scan code, so a decrease in scan times is not unexpected.

I'm not sure what you mean about a system status indicator. What status would you envision being reflected there? Whether any threats have been detected? In such a case, we want to make that much more obvious than just an indicator in a menu.

Regarding ad blocking, we're working on a couple interesting technologies... more than that, I cannot say. ?

I would put in the menu the date of the last scan and the same writing that appears in the Status Pane

(to me so far it has always only appeared: "Awesome! You're protected "but I know there are other possibilities (see user guide).)

Edited by MAXBAR1

Good Evening Thomas,

Are these changes planned sooner or later?

thanks

greeting

Massimiliano

On 2/9/2018 at 4:56 AM, MAXBAR1 said:

A function of adblock during browsing with Safari would not be bad either.

https://www.ublock.org/safari/ for adblocking in Safari. I think adblocking browser extensions are outside of the scope of the Malwarebytes product.

Considering that it is present on Malwarebytes for iOS it does not seem like that is outside of the scope of Malwarebytes.

At the moment however for macOS it is far better ka-block which is considered much safer by Apple.