Browser always opening new pages

gesp

Hello gesp and :welcome:

My screen name is Android8888 but if you wish you can call me Rui which is my real name. I will be helping you with your malware issues.

Please wait until I get home and examine your logs.

I will be back later with a reply.

Thank you.

Rui

Hello gesp.

Please do the following steps in the order listed:

• Open Malwarebytes and check for updates;
  • On the left pane select Settings;
  • Select the Protection tab;
  • Scroll down to Scan Options and ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on and leave all other settings to default.
  • Go back to Dashboard and select the blue Scan Now tab; Note: The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
  • When the scan completes if potential threats are detected, ensure to check-mark all the listed items, and click the Quarantine Selected button.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the View Report button, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), give it a name and save it to your Desktop.
  • The log can also be viewed by clicking the log to select it, then clicking the View Report button.
  • Please attach the log in your next reply.

Next,

• Download AdwCleaner and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as Administrator;
  • Accept the EULA (I accept), then click on Scan;
  • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Clean button.
  • Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it;
  • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please attach that log in your next reply.

Next,

Follow the instructions below to execute a fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST64.exe executable is located); DO NOT open or modify that file!
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Run as Administrator;
  • Click on the Fix button;
    NYA5Cbr.png
    Credits: Aura
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad;
  • Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your next reply;

Note: After the FRST fix the system will reboot and start a Disk Checkup. Please be patient and let it complete.

To summarize, please attach:
Malwarebytes clean log;
AdwCleaner clean log;
Fixlog.txt

How is the computer running now? Does your browser keeps opening several pages when start?

Thank you.

Rui

fixlist.txt

10 minutes ago, gesp said:

Rui, thank you for your time, quando for a Tavira pago um copo.

You're welcome! :) Ok, obrigado.

Run a program like Personal Software Inspector (PSI) or FileHippo Update Checker or UCheck to see what programs need to be updated.

After doing that and if all is running well with the computer you can now remove the tools we used in this clean-up by running DelFix.

Follow the instructions below to download and execute DelFix.

• Download DelFix and move the executable to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on DelFix.exe and select Run as Administrator;
  • Check the following options :
    • Activate UAC (this option will activate the User Account Control feature).
    • Remove disinfection tools (this option will remove the tools used in the cleaning process).
    • Create registry backup (this option will create a backup from the Windows Registry).
    • Purge system restore (this option will remove all previous and possibly infected restore points, and will create a new and clean restore point of your system).
    • Reset system settings (this option will reset any system settings back to default that were changed either by us during cleansing or by malware infection).
  • Once the options mentioned above are checked, click on Run;
  • After DelFix is done running, a log will open. I don't need to see the log. Just close and delete it.

For much more useful and complete information, please read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices:
So how did I get infected in the first place
Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

Happy surf and stay safe out there. :)

Cumprimentos,

Rui

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks