GerdWae

Unhandled exception due to a specific Pup-Software

From a computer magazin's webside a downloaded a windows repair tool and got an additional game and computer cleaner software, Iobit Advanced SystemCare 11.
Uninstalling using the windows system was not very successful, obviously the visible icons were deleted, but not the program itself.

A scan with AdwCleaner showed residual files, but when trying to delete AdwCleaner stop working with an Unhandled Exception.
In a next step I used the program Unlocker to get rid of those files. But this was only possible after killing some associated processes (with the help of Unlocker) and some restarts.
After deleting all files in question manually with the help of Unlocker, it was possible to start AdwCleaner again to handle the registry entries.
This time AdwCleaner worked as fine as ever.

I repeatedly get the unhandled exception flag too, running 7.0.8.0. I suppose it is because of Advanced SystemCare. The following ASC items persist after many scans and cleans. In addition, DriverDoc has begun to appear:

Folders:
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\ProgramData\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\ProgramData\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\Users\All Users\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\LocalLow\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8

Registry:
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, [Value] - HKU\S-1-5-21-1085300371-3658775179-2118887078-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run | Advanced SystemCare 9

PUP.Optional.DriverDoc, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\MimarSinan

21 hours ago, pjruiz said:

I repeatedly get the unhandled exception flag too, running 7.0.8.0. I suppose it is because of Advanced SystemCare. The following ASC items persist after many scans and cleans. In addition, DriverDoc has begun to appear:

Folders:
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\ProgramData\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\ProgramData\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\Users\All Users\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\LocalLow\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V8

Registry:
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare, [Value] - HKU\S-1-5-21-1085300371-3658775179-2118887078-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run | Advanced SystemCare 9

PUP.Optional.DriverDoc, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\MimarSinan

Hi,

the "unhandled exception flag" is not related to Advanced SystemCare. It is a general bug in v7.0.x and will be fixed with the upcoming v7.1.

The element "DriverDoc" is a FP, already reported here:

Just to give some feedback to AdwCleaner 7.0.8.0.

I have removed AdvancedSystemCare from my system. It was a boring task, because the uninstaller was not very successful to delete all files.
There were some DLLs active furtheron and AdwCleaner 7.0.7.0 crashed when used.
After identifying all AdvancedSystemCare files and deleting them, AdwCleaner 7.0.7 worked successful like before.
In a next step I updated AdwCleaner to 7.0.8 and it was working fine.

The entry "MimarSinan" I experienced in another context. It could be successful deleted by AdwCleaner.
It occurs from time to time, but I found no further information about this entry.

Hi. I also have the entry "PUP.Optional.DriverDoc, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\MimarSinan" on a laptop. Can someone please give more details on this? I don't want to delete it and it be something that's actually wanted/needed. 

On 6.3.2018 at 2:22 AM, BlackHawk said:

Hi. I also have the entry "PUP.Optional.DriverDoc, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\MimarSinan" on a laptop. Can someone please give more details on this? I don't want to delete it and it be something that's actually wanted/needed. 

You can ignore it. It is a false positive. I'll ask fr33tux to delete this FP from database.

Thanks!