Jump to content

Malwarebytes Premium Changes To Free Version


Recommended Posts

It's bad enough that several times a week my Malwarebytes Premium protection turns itself off and I have to apply an already applied update, reboot and restart. That particular problem has not been fixed, regardless of what I read about the problem being fixed in these forums. I now find that, for the third time in as many days, my Malwarebytes Premium has been switched to the free version and I have to reapply the license number to run the premium version I paid for. There's no excuse for this. I purchased a five license Kaspersky Total Security 2018 a few weeks ago to use on my other laptops, desktops and mobile phone. I'm going to uninstall Malwarebytes Premium and start using the Kaspersky application on this laptop also. I'm not going to waste any more of my time dealing with Malwarebytes problems that should not exist. It's not worth the wasted time, aggravation and frustration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sichuan said:

It's bad enough that several times a week my Malwarebytes Premium protection turns itself off and I have to apply an already applied update, reboot and restart. That particular problem has not been fixed, regardless of what I read about the problem being fixed in these forums. I now find that, for the third time in as many days, my Malwarebytes Premium has been switched to the free version and I have to reapply the license number to run the premium version I paid for. There's no excuse for this. I purchased a five license Kaspersky Total Security 2018 a few weeks ago to use on my other laptops, desktops and mobile phone. I'm going to uninstall Malwarebytes Premium and start using the Kaspersky application on this laptop also. I'm not going to waste any more of my time dealing with Malwarebytes problems that should not exist. It's not worth the wasted time, aggravation and frustration.

Are you looking for assistance finding out why it happens and fixing it or you just making a comment since you already said you uninstalled it here.https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/214593-malwarebytes-web-protection-wont-start/?do=findComment&comment=1208848

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Are you looking for assistance finding out why it happens and fixing it or you just making a comment since you already said you uninstalled it here.https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/214593-malwarebytes-web-protection-wont-start/?do=findComment&comment=1208848

 

Hello Porthos,

Yes, I did uninstall it due to the protection constantly turning itself off. I then purchased the Kaspersky but did not install the Kaspersky on this particular laptop, deciding instead to give Malwarebytes another chance because I really like it. I reinstalled the Malwarebytes and found the same problem with the protection being turned off and now I find that I have to reapply the license on three occasions. I'm not bad mouthing the product. I simply don't want to deal with the ongoing problems with the software. I think Malwarebytes Premium is an outstanding application. I appreciate your offer of assistance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sichuan said:

I reinstalled the Malwarebytes and found the same problem with the protection being turned off and now I find that I have to reapply the license on three occasions.

For this laptop,

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues.... Please use an Administrator account when doing the following,

  1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop. Tell any program that blocks it to ignore or allow. It IS SAFE. It contains no info that can identify or harm you.
  3. NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  4. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  5. Press the "Scan" button
  6. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  7. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  8. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  9. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  10. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  11. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.