Can't start Web Protection on Malware 3.3.1

Good evening,

Since few days I can not validate the real-time protection function of my software that hangs each time.
After having read on the forum several topics to solve the problem, I erased and try a new installation
as you recommend it without result.
So I attach the file "mb-check-results.zip" as you claim it and hope that you can solve my problem because
I would not want to buy software that does not work.

Thank you in advance.

mb-check-results.zip

1 hour ago, portailand said:

I erased and try a new installation
as you recommend it without result.

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe    REG_SZ        $ WinBlueRTM

First,

Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\
Find the file MbamPt.exe and right click on it and choose Properties
In the window that pops up click on Compatibility Tab
Remove ALL checkmarks. Malwarebytes has issues when you change these settings,

Next,

Use this too for a clean reinstall. See below. .

Download and run MB-CLEAN

• Download MB-CLEAN
  • Close all open applications
  • Double-click and run mb-clean-3.1.0.1031.exe
  • A prompt with an option to clean up the system will appear: click Yes
    • Yes - will proceed with backing up the license key (Malwarebytes 3.x only) and initiating the cleanup process
  • Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:
    • Yes - will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3
    • No - will exit the utility and you will not be prompted (post reboot) to download, reinstall and re-activate (not recommended)
      • We recommend rebooting immediately. Additionally, stopping at this step is not recommended and will most likely not resolve your issue(s).
  • Upon reboot, a prompt will appear: click Yes
    • Yes - will download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3
    • No - will exit the utility and Malwarebytes 3 will not be downloaded, reinstalled or re-activated (not recommended)

If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3  

Thank you Porthos,

I have just completed your procedure step by step and unfortunately it still does not work.

In fact I had already realized all your procedure following the "MBClean" several times
without any success. The only difference in your explanation is "MbamPt.exe" and after
a look no box was checked, so nothing changed compared to my previous attempts.

Despite multiple attempts to update and reinstall, my problem remains whole I bought a
software that does not protect me at all because it is impossible to validate the web
protection in real time.

Thanks again for kindly trying to solve my problem Porthos, it's really nice.

Unfortunately again despite your indication to validate the detection of rootkits and a reboot in safe mode,
it still does not work, the new scan found nothing and the protection in real time still does not validate.

I'm really starting to get desperate with this software, what to do?

8 hours ago, dcollins said:

Can you clarify what you mean by hangs? Are you able to open Malwarebytes at all?

When I run the software, the real-time web protection works normally for 30 seconds and then turn directly to idle mode.

In fact I had already realized all your procedure following the "MBClean" several times without any success. Despite multiple
attempts to update and reinstall, my problem remains whole even with a boot in to safe mode and run a scan with rootkit scanning enabled.

I'm really starting to get desperate with this software.

Ok, please try the following:

1. Open Malwarebytes
  2. Navigate to Settings -> Application
  3. Turn on the Event Log Data option
  4. Reboot the computer
  5. Open Malwarebytes
  6. Wait for 30 seconds and verify that protections are not working
  7. Navigate to Settings -> Protection
  8. Attempt to turn on all of the protection modules one time
  9. Run mb-check, and upload the new set of logs

The debug logs should tell us what's happening when trying to turn them on

4 hours ago, dcollins said:

I see some strange issues happening here. Can you please gather the rest of the logs mentioned in the following thread (FRST specifically) and then upload those new log files?

Hi Devin,

I just redo a full scan with FRST following your request and I join the two files generated.

So that you have all the items up to date I also just redo a MBCHECK and I also join the generated file.

I very much hope that all this will allow you to solve my problem

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

mb-check-results.zip

Ok, you have your Powerdesk set to run in XP Compatibility mode, which is probably causing a lot of your issues. Please try the following:

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up the run dialog
  2. Type in regedit and click Ok
  3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers
  4. Find C:\Program Files (x86)\Avanquest\PowerDesk\PDExplo.exe in the list and delete the entry
  5. Reboot your computer

Now please check if things are working properly, and if not, run both FRST and mb-check again to gather a new set of logs.

Hi Devin,

Thank you very much for taking care of my problem, I appreciate a lot.

As you advise I deleted this entry from the registry and I also checked the properties of Powerdesk
which were in compatibility for XP and I changed this now for compatibility for Windows 10.
I reboot the system but unfortunately this did not solve the problem.

So as you ask I will join the new files FRST and MB-CHECK generated.

Thank you very much for your help and patience.

FRST.txt

mb-check-results.zip

Addition.txt

Can you try doing a clean install using mb-clean now? You can download this from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean. I think the original issue stems from our product installing itself in compatibility mode for XP, which means different files and registry entries are created. Now that we solved that issue, a clean install should get you squared away.