mbamswissarmy.sys error

ftric

Hello ftric and welcome to Malwarebytes,

Save the attached file fixlist.txt to your flash drive, same place as FRST.

Now please enter System Recovery Options as you did to get the log.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply. Re-boot your system, does windows boot normally..?

Next,

Make clean install of Malwarebytes....

Totally Remove Malwarebytes from your system:

Download the latest version of MB-Clean by clicking this link: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean save to your Desktop, or a folder of your choice.

• Close all open applications
  • Double-click and run mb-clean.exe
  • A prompt with an option to clean up the system will appear:

Yes - will proceed with backing up the license key (Malwarebytes 3.x only) and initiating the cleanup process. (Recommended)
No - will exit the utility

Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:

Yes – will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x (Recommended)
No – will exit the utility and you will not be prompted (post reboot) to download, reinstall and re-activate (Not Recommended)

We recommend rebooting immediately. Additionally, stopping at this step is not recommended and will most likely not resolve your issue(s).

Upon reboot, a prompt will appear:

Yes - will download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x (Recommended)
No - will exit the utility and the cleanup process is complete...

A log file ("mb-clean-results.txt") will be on your desktop

Post those logs, also let me know if there are any remaining issues or concerns...

Thank you,

Kevin...

fixlist.txt

still does not boot to windows. 

now shows the 225 error without the path to mbamswissarmy.sys.

if i hit the enter key again, wait a few second (this is different than before)  i get the driver path error, this time with a location of 0x0000007b.

so we went somewhere...not sure where

here is the fixlog file

Fixlog.txt

Try one more as follows:

Save the attached file fixlist.txt to your flash drive, same place as FRST.

Now please enter System Recovery Options as you did to get the log.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply. Re-boot your system, does windows boot normally..?

fixlist.txt

Completed the removal and reinstall process. 

It is worth noting, 

originally logged back in with the normal non-administrator enabled account. Nothing was happening after i removed MB. I was waiting for the prompt to reinstall. It never came. I logged in with the admin account and the prompt was waiting for me there. I did the reinstall and it created the log file attached under that login.

I have 3 other computers with MB on it. Should i do a reinstall on those too? If so, do i use the tool /file/mb_clean ?

mb-clean-results.txt

If your other PC`s are working normally I see no reason to make clean installs of Malwarebytes, then again as there is no explanation why this problem happens From Malwarebytes Developers maybe is worth doing... Really up to yourself I guess.. I would recommend using the the clean up tool if you decide to reinstall on each PC. That type of action should always be done from an account with Admin status...

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks