Problems with copying files to other computers

Hello, Since yesterday I am not able to copy files between various Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 computers on which I have installed Malwarebytes Premium. I keep receiving a message about memory quota not being sufficient (error 0x800705AD). Sometimes the message says instead that the system resources are not sufficient.

I have downloaded and run your mb clean 3.1.10.1031, which did not really work properly since it did not clean up all Malwarebytes elements on my computers. I have later used third party uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller, which seems to have worked better. I have multiple times manually downloaded (the mb clean file did not prompt such downloads) the latest version of Malwarebytes Premium (I will probably soon no longer be able to use activation keys!!!) and restarted my computers. Nothing helps.

Copying between different drives on the same computer works fine. I also am able to copy to computers (I have a number of different computers for different uses) on which I have not installed Malwarebytes Premium.

Many thanks in advance Jerry Ralowski

Edited by AlexSmith
Removed email address for security reasons

This issue is typically due to lacking sufficient virtual memory. What leads you to believe Malwarebytes is causing this issue? Is it still occurring after removing Malwarebytes? 

Could we get more logs to look into possibly to see what is happening? 

Follow the link below please and get logs for us to review:

Hi and thanks for a prompt response! Yes I am pretty certain that the issues have been caused by Malwarebytes - I have two Windows 8.1 computers which I solely use as servers and therefore I feel I do not need Malwarebytes Premium on them - these computers have been unaffected while my remaining computers (with Malwarebytes Premium on) have had problems during the last few days, all seemingly relating to the lack of memory.

Luckily enough it seems I now know what happened. I was not able to copy files from my desktop computer to the other Malwarebytes-equipped computers because the other computers had crashed, again - for the second time this week. Upon checking on those computers (after my first post on the Forum - I did not expect the computers had crashed for the second time) I did not see the Blue Screen of Death but I did face screens which had gone black. I suppose one reason for the new crashes might have been that your mb cleaning tool did not really clean out everything. So I have again rebooted the problem computers several times and now seem to have got rid of the problem. My question for the time being is related to the latest Malwarebytes Premium licence I purchased for 3 computers (I also have other valid licenses). I downloaded Malwabytes manually a number of times yesterday and I had to provide the licence key each time after having used IObit Uninstaller (the mb cleaning tool did not clean out all Malwarebytes remnants). So now or at least soon I will have run out of the possibilities to use that licence key, without any fault of mine and after having used it on only one (desktop) computer. How can I be compensated for this?

1 hour ago, Jerzy said:

I had to provide the licence key each time after having used IObit Uninstaller (the mb cleaning tool did not clean out all Malwarebytes remnants).

If you are going to use tools other than MB Clean, you need to deactivate the license FIRST.

1 hour ago, Jerzy said:

So now or at least soon I will have run out of the possibilities to use that licence key, without any fault of mine and after having used it on only one (desktop) computer. How can I be compensated for this?

Contact support. https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us

OK thanks! Good to know in the future!

With all respect - yesterday evening my desk computer lost all internet contact, which only was regained after 2 reboots. I was receiving strange messages about memory shortage and I discovered I was not able to copy files within the network. Upon Malwarebytes` recommendation I downloaded mb clean and having used it twice I received long log files saying that it did not find all paths and that folders were not empty.

My first thought was not - "Oh, I need to have a crash course in deactivating the licence". I was trying anything I could think of (in this case a third party uninstaller) to be able to use my desktop computer again. Not my fault - please suggest compensation. I am not talking about compensation for the several hours I lost trying to deal with this. I simply want to be able to use the licence I have paid you people for.

40 minutes ago, Jerzy said:

I simply want to be able to use the licence I have paid you people for.

If you are not able to activate your license on your computer you need to contact support like I mentioned  in an previous post. If the key is valid they will reset it for you.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us

2 hours ago, Jerzy said:

Malwarebytes Premium licence I purchased for 3 computers (I also have other valid licenses).

If they are all active now all you need to do is use the clean tool or deactivate manually before you start using 3rd party scrubbers.

@Porthos - have you actually read the information I have provided? Yes, I have a number of valid licences (and a number of computers). When it comes to the latest license which I purchased quite recently for 3 computers, I have so far only used it (including a number of times yesterday evening due to computer malfunctions caused by Malwabytes and due to the fact that the MB clean tool did not work as intended) on 1 desktop computer. I want to be able to use it on 2 more computers, which is exactly what I have paid for. Whether or not this will be possible (without some Malwarebytes intervention) I don`t know just yet - I did use the key a number of times yesterday evening after having downloaded Malwarebytes Premium manually and after using a third party uninstaller a number of times. I did it to try to restore my desktop computer to normal functioning, after the MB clean tool failed to clean out all Malwarebytes elements. At the time I had no idea whatsoever that I was supposed to deactivate the licence and even less idea about how to do it. I was only, quite desperately, trying to make my desktop computer work again.

If you are saying the support will help me if the key does not work anymore (due to the mess yesterday, which definitely is not my fault), I am satisfied and I will quote you on this, if needed.

1 hour ago, Jerzy said:

If you are saying the support will help me if the key does not work anymore (due to the mess yesterday, which definitely is not my fault), I am satisfied and I will quote you on this, if needed.

One Question?? Where did you purchase them from ??

I have seen some non-legit "working keys" go invalid and if they were purchased from a shady site that is an unauthorized seller you may have no compensation as you call it.

Please see here for more details. https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1998

2 minutes ago, Jerzy said:

I have purchased them from a company called Malwarebytes (via Cleverbridge, references 127711776, 109301449, 90844548 and 50325915), which might be familiar? The purchase dates range from 2013 to 2018.

You should be fine.

Another option is to create a Malwarebytes Account using the following link: https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/register

If you have purchased the product through us, you can use the same email to register for the account.

Once you can login into your account you could deactivate on the device where your product was wiped off and reset your license key when needed.

I have a Malwarebytes account although I had to create a new password in order to register on Malwarebytes Forums, which apparently are separate. The rest of your advice I do not follow. Yesterday evening in order to get my computer to work (and after the MB clean tool failed) I repeatedly uninstalled Malwarebytes Premium a number of times with IObit Uninstaller and downloaded again each time using the licence key from my latest purchase. At the time I was not even aware that the licence key could be deactivated. What exactly are you suggesting now?

If you have the account which are separate from the forums you can deactivate from there if a key gets locked from too many uninstalls/re installs from not deactivating from within the program.

For example if your computer does not boot and you cant deactivate from within the program.

I'm trying to explain this as best as possible.

Further reading.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1037

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1036

Yes, I can see in my account that I can deactivate a licence key from there. I am sorry, but I still do not understand how it might help me. Yesterday evening I used the licence key from my latest purchase a number of times on 1 computer. The licence is for 3 computers. I now am concerned about potentially being locked out from using the same licence key on 2 further computers - one on which I have not yet installed Malwarebytes Premium and another one which I do not own yet.

So the next time I install Malwarebytes Premium on a computer on which I still do not have this software, what do you mean I am supposed to do after potentially receiving the message that the licence key already has been used the maximum number of times?

I have paid for a licence on 3 computers and have so far used the licence on 1 computer.

3 minutes ago, Jerzy said:

I now am concerned about potentially being locked out from using the same licence key on 2 further computers - one on which I have not yet installed Malwarebytes Premium and another one which I do not own yet.

Then you deactivate that license all and just reactivate it the program on the computers that that key is needed for.

6 minutes ago, Jerzy said:

I have paid for a licence on 3 computers and have so far used the licence on 1 computer.

In THIS example if/when that happens, for example if any of the next two computers reject the license then you go to your account and deactivate the key and it will let you activate that key in the program and reactivate it on the correct amount of computers you are licensed for.  When you do the deactivation in the portal you will have to then go back and reactivate the other computers on that license from within the program again on each of the previously activated computers.