Laptop Specific Resolution to Web Blocking Fiasco

I am at a loss. I successfully resolved the Web Blocking Ram Usage fiasco on my PC by following the instructions and downloading MB-CLEAN.

However that is not possible on my Acer Aspire E15 Windows 10 laptop as it immediately goes into Repairing Your PC mode and then Diagnosing Your PC mode and sits there forever.

When it finally throws in the towel non of the options will work as I do not have any recovery CD or USB.

Has anyone had the same issue and found a resolution?

Thanks for the response. It's Windows 10 Home Edition. The only keys that seem to be active on power up from sleep or reboot is F2 for BIOS.

According to Acer F4 or 4 is Safe Mode and F5 or 5 is Safe Mode with Networking. After numerous attempts it does not respond to any of those keys or any other keys for that matter.

There seems to be no way to stop it from going into Diagnostics and Automatic Repair. It did complete the Automatic Repair procedure once  Saying it was Unable to Repair and gave the Advanced Option. I chose to Reset to the original without saving any personal files , however once again "Unable to Reset"

So at this point I think it's it's bricked after your Web blocking update adventure!

I can't tell you how PO'ed I am at the insanity of what you did, regardless of my adventure!

3 minutes ago, dcollins said:

When you get to the Advanced Options, you should be able to choose to reboot into Safe Mode from there.

Added some screenshots.

Choose Troubleshoot.

Windows 10, Safe Mode, boot, recovery, repair

Then, on the Troubleshoot screen, select Advanced options.

On the Advanced options screen, choose Startup Settings.

Windows 10 says that you can restart your device to change advanced boot options, including enabling Safe Mode. Press Restart.

After Windows 10 reboots, you can choose which boot options you want to be enabled. To get into Safe Mode, you have three different options.

To enable Safe Mode press the 4 or the F4 key on your keyboard, to enable “Safe Mode with Networking,” press 5 or F5, and to enable “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” press either 6 or F6.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have spent the last few hours waiting for W10 to complete it's Diagnosing to get to the Advanced Options. That seems to be the only way to do it as the keyboard seems to be completely unresponsive with respect to the F and number keys.

After  pressing the F4, 4 etc keys after the last screenshot it just brings up the blank screen with the logo but will not reboot into Safe Mode or anything else at all .

The only option is to press the power button or do a hard reboot by shutting off the battery and then the process starts over again

It feels like living the laptop equivalent of Groundhog Day!

I think at this point I will send it to Acer to reinstall the OS.

7 minutes ago, Delta6001 said:

I think at this point I will send it to Acer to reinstall the OS.

You should not have to, worst case if there are no hardware issues you can reset the PC (top selection in the below screenshot.)

But give @dcollins some more time to work with you to get you up and running.

image.png.7e454bf391c303f0c3b302974bb88499.png

Edited by Porthos

Tried that and all the Safe Mode options to no avail.

After selecting the option the screen just goes to the start logo and sits there. If you do a soft or hard restart it just returns to the same cycle of Repair, Diagnotics  and then the Advanced Options.

I am more than willing to continue, but I don't see how it can be resolved when the options are not available.

It will not Reset, it will not boot at all into any Mode.

This thing is seriously scrambled.

Do you have another computer? If so, you can download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. This will allow you to either burn a DVD of Windows 10 or put it on a USB flash drive. From there, you can boot the computer that's having issues to this flash drive. Once booted, try going into the Advanced Options and doing a Startup Repair

Edited by dcollins