Malwarebytes 3 Won't Restore Quarantined Files

I hold a lifetime license and am running Malwarebytes version 3.3.1.2183.  I have listed under exclusions a top level folder that holds all of my files to another virus scan program.  Even though Malwarebytes should be recognizing this excluded folder, its sub-folders and all related files when performing scans it still seems to quarantine various files within this folder.  When I try to restore them it gives me an error message telling me that it is unable to restore one or more of the files and that access is denied.  I get this message regardless of trying to restore 1 file or doing a restore of all quarantined files.  Can anyone provide me with a reason for this and a workaround that will restore these files and get Malwarebytes to recognize the folder I have listed within the exclusions field?

1 hour ago, Hip_Granny said:

I have listed under exclusions a top level folder

Is this folder on your main system drive?

1 hour ago, Hip_Granny said:

When I try to restore them it gives me an error message telling me that it is unable to restore one or more of the files and that access is denied.  I get this message regardless of trying to restore 1 file or doing a restore of all quarantined files. 

If you have not restarted the computer after quarantine you must do that before you can restore them.