MWB3 Premium real issues with MS Windows 10 HOME v

I have (had) 3 pc's with MWB 3 Premium installed. 2 of the pc's run Windows 10 HOME, version 1709, the third Windows 10 Premium version 1709. MWB runs alongside Windows Defender and has done without any issues for over 18 months, until 3 days ago, when both of my W10 Home pc's developed the same problems with the same symptoms and basically stopped functioning, the pc running W10 Premium operates as normal without any issues whatsoever. All pc's are kept up to date with updates of Windows OS and both MWB and W Defender Programs and Anti Virus/Malware definitions. I know there were issues with MWB and Defender as a result of the major W10 update early last year but that didn't effect my pc's at all.

The 2 unusable pc's booted through as normal, creating the normal Desktop, and when the MWB program was run, the operating window appeared as normal, all "Real Time" functions showed active but then after 20 seconds, "Real Time" functions turned "off". Resetting these functions to "on" failed to activate and each pc "froze" in terms of use and after a matter of minutes, the screen "Blacked" then a an error "Stop" was generated. Upon a "dirty, power off" and switch back on eventually I get a desktop back. I did a usual "Uninstall" of MWB and a clean re-install but upon starting the MWB program, exactly the same sequence of events occur on each of these 2 machines. As mentioned, the 3rd W10 Premium OS pc continues to work normally.

The only way I can have normal use of the 2 malfunctioning pc's is by removing MWB3 from the pc's altogether, then they function completely normally without any issues!

Any suggestions/help as to cause and effect and rectification?

We would need to get logs for the computer that is having the issue.

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
    • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Edited by Firefox