Real-time protection help

I have MB Premium Home on a Windows 10 laptop. I have updated to the latest package - 1.0.3808. I have restarted the MB Service and rebooted several times (as suggested by Topcat I believe). MB is no longer crashing my pc but "Web protection" will not start it just remains in a "starting" status. Any ideas? Thanks.

mb.PNG

BryanJ,

The only way to correct the problem is to uninstall Malwarebytes, download it again from their site and reinstall it. After the first update, there will be a red mark on the M because it wants to do a scan. Do the Hyper Scan and you should be good to go.

And, yes the now current update is 1.0.3808 and will work properly after the re-installation. (Dig out your License Key and, if needed, the License ID so you'll have them handy after the reinstall).

44 minutes ago, topcat7736 said:

BryanJ,

The only way to correct the problem is to uninstall Malwarebytes, download it again from their site and reinstall it. After the first update, there will be a red mark on the M because it wants to do a scan. Do the Hyper Scan and you should be good to go.

And, yes the now current update is 1.0.3808 and will work properly after the re-installation. (Dig out your License Key and, if needed, the License ID so you'll have them handy after the reinstall).

Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same behavior. Web protection will not start...

9 minutes ago, BryanJ said:

Downloaded and ran the clean-up tool. Same result. Cannot start web protection...

Sorry to hear you are still having issues. Can you please try this and let me know if it solves your problem?:

1. Right click the Malwarebytes icon in the notification area/system tray and select Quit Malwarebytes
  2. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator
  3. Type the following: sc delete mbamwebprotection
  4. Reboot the computer
  5. Right click the Malwarebytes icon in the notification area/system tray and select Web Protection to re-enable it

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Sorry to hear you are still having issues. Can you please try this and let me know if it solves your problem?:

1. Right click the Malwarebytes icon in the notification area/system tray and select Quit Malwarebytes
  2. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator
  3. Type the following: sc delete mbamwebprotection
  4. Reboot the computer
  5. Right click the Malwarebytes icon in the notification area/system tray and select Web Protection to re-enable it

Thanks for the suggestion but same result...

mb2.PNG

3 minutes ago, BryanJ said:

Thanks for the suggestion but same result...

From your screenshot you are using a really old version of Malwarebytes.

This is for @BryanJ only, Every one else start a new topic HERE

Let us get a clean install of the current version. 3.3.1

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

The clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product.

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed.

If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3  

Edited by Porthos

27 minutes ago, Porthos said:

From your screenshot you are using a really old version of Malwarebytes.

This is for @BryanJ only, Every one else start a new topic HERE

Let us get a clean install of the current version. 3.3.1

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

The clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product.

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed.

If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3  

That seems to have done the trick. When I used the tool previously as Topcat suggested, it did the removal but when I selected it to reinstall, it did not do anything. This time it did do the install. Last time I ended up using the link in an old email address to download.

Thanks @Porthos and @topcat7736

1 minute ago, BryanJ said:

That seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the update and your continued support of Malwarebytes. If you have any more issues don’t hesitate to post.

Anyone else reading this topic and need assistance not all fixes will work for all users. , Please START your OWN NEW Topic. HERE