Something is affecting my Malwarebytess

Chala

I need help I think my PC is infected. Malwarebytes is not working properly. 

When I try to open it I get an error message saying cannot connect. I also get a notification saying real-time protection is turned off. 

My PC is sluggish and hangs up with almost any task. Please assist I will be extremely grateful!

3 minutes ago, Chala said:

I need help I think my PC is infected. Malwarebytes is not working properly. 

When I try to open it I get an error message saying cannot connect. I also get a notification saying real-time protection is turned off. 

My PC is sluggish and hangs up with almost any task. Please assist I will be extremely grateful!

Sounds like you are having this issue.

We're sorry you had issues with our program today. We've addressed the issue and here's what you need to do to fix it.

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

Malwarebytes 3

Update package version 1.0.3803 (Malwarebytes 3) or v2018.01.27.12 (Malwarebytes 2.x) or higher contains the fix

1. Open Malwarebytes
  2. Turn OFF web protection by clicking on Settings, Protection tab, and then click to turn Web Protection OFF (click "Yes" for the User Access Control prompt)
  3. Click on Dashboard and then under Scan Status (right side), click "Current" which is next to “Updates” to have Malwarebytes download the latest database
  4. Restart PC (Note it may take up to 2 restarts after the update to stabilize the system)

To confirm that you are on the latest database please follow the steps below:

1. Open Malwarebytes
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Click on the About tab
  4. Next to “Update package version” if you see version 1.0.3803 or higher you are on the latest database which addresses the issue

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

If you continue to have issues or experience new ones.

I think that rubber ducky's answer about the problems with the update on Saturday has answered my fears that I had been hacked and the Malwarebytes programme breached by some virus. By Sunday I could use the system again but was a bit concerned that a run of Malware bytes covering 305602 items was completed in 1 min 30 sec. Is this feasible?