Web Protection is ON but not detecting/blocking web sites

Installed latest version but I am now having problems with web protection.  This is a little different than the others saying web protection won't start.  

Web Protection is ON but not detecting/blocking known malware websites.

When I navigate to your IP test site at: http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ 

I do not get a pop-up about malware but instead I get:

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO REACH THIS PAGE IT MEANS THAT IP PROTECTION IS DISABLED ON YOUR MACHINE

I did the SC DELETE MBMAMWEBPROTECTION and rebooted the PC. Dashboard shows that Web Protection is ON. No change detecting malicious web sites.

Version: 3.3.3.2183

Component: 1.0.262

Update Package: 1.0.3808

Windows 7

Thanks for your attention.

1 hour ago, vax4000 said:

No, not using Kaspersky. I have Norton.  

Does http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ trigger a warning for you?  It did for me up until I installed the latest version.

Yes it does.

Might be corruption.

Let us get a clean install of the current version. 3.3.1

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

The clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product.

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed.

If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3  

Did another clean install / reboot this morning. 

Still not detecting   http://iptest.malwarebytes.org as malicious.  Realtime protection reports that Web Protection is on.

Attached the mb-clean-results.txt file.  If someone can help me I would appreciate it.

I wonder if others are having this problem but don't know it as the indicator says web protection is on.....

mb-clean-results.txt

@vax4000

I see a few things to try.

First, looks like your Malwarebytes has compatibility flags set. Let's get those off as running with compatibility mode can cause problems

• Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\
  • Find the file mbam.exe and right click on it and choose Properties
  • In the window that pops up click on Compatibility Tab
  • Remove ALL checkmarks. Malwarebytes has issues when you change these settings,

image.png.471e94b283be6410dd96c9bd9c6a781f.png

Secondly, add exclusions to Malwarebytes in Norton.

Once above processes are complete, reboot the machine

Thanks

>>>>>First, looks like your Malwarebytes has compatibility flags set.

Imb.jpg.12919e11c374f218c21b1f8ca1a26cf1.jpg

None of the boxes were checked.... 

Went ahead and added the listed files to the exclusion list in Norton and rebooted.

I am now getting a notification popup from malwarebytes when visiting the iptest site.

Thank you very much for your assistance.   I am still curious about the compatibility flags you noticed in my log files.  Is there a registry entry or other area I can troubleshoot this ?

Thanks again.

17 minutes ago, vax4000 said:

Is there a registry entry or other area I can troubleshoot this ?

If I am not mistaken the reg key/keys you need to look in are located:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags

It's on and off....  When I enable my VPN, (PIA), Web protection stops.  No notification of this happening, (MB says web protection is on) 

The only way I know it is I off is going to iptest.malwarebytes.org and  getting through with no pop-up.

So then I go to the MB icon in the bottom right tray and quit MB.  Then I open admin command prompt and type "SC delete mbamwebprotection" it says "does not exist".

When I try "SC start mbamwebprotection" it says it's already running.

I reboot, exit the VPN and MB continues to allow access to the iptest.  Sometime later, (hours), I go to the iptest site and it is blocked again.  I cannot figure it out.