Laptop acts weird after scanning and removing malware

Since i scanned my laptop with malwarebytes i haven't been able to do anything on my laptop... It boots into a black screen with a cursor. sometimes i can get to the task manager via ctrl+alt+del, and i see that malwarebytes is using over 2GB of ram?? i can't close it, because it will start itself back up again. malwarebytes also uses 50% of my processor

Edited by Dannick

We're sorry you had issues with our program today. We've addressed the issue and here's what you need to do to fix it.

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

Update package version 1.0.3803 (Malwarebytes 3) or v2018.01.27.12 (Malwarebytes 2.x) or higher contains the fix

1. Open Malwarebytes
  2. Turn OFF web protection by clicking on Settings, Protection tab, and then click to turn Web Protection OFF (click "Yes" for the User Access Control prompt)
  3. Click on Dashboard and then under Scan Status (right side), click "Current" which is next to “Updates” to have Malwarebytes download the latest database
  4. Restart PC (Note it may take up to 2 restarts after the update to stabilize the system)

To confirm that you are on the latest database please follow the steps below:

1. Open Malwarebytes
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Click on the About tab
  4. Next to “Update package version” if you see version 1.0.3803 or higher you are on the latest database which addresses the issue

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

@Dannick

Could you try booting into safe mode for me: 

Safe Mode Instructions for XP/Vista/7

If you are using Windows 10, the computer has to fail to boot 3 times in order to get you into Advanced Options. This can be achieved by holding down the power button for 5-10sec while PC is booting. Will need to be done 3 times in a row. However, if you can get to at least the sign in screen (assuming this is Windows 10), follow the following steps:

Windows 10 Steps

14 minutes ago, Dannick said:

I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled malwarebytes, now everything runs fine

To be clear, Malwarebytes is functioning now?

Edited by Porthos