clarify fix instructions!

Greetings - on the posting from MB yesterday, on how to fix the problem with the update, one on the numbered instructions is to find "Scan Status". But you don't say where this is. You should say, "In the Dashboard," ... this will help your customers who are anxious and don't know the web layout as you do.

Thanks! Of course if following the posted instructions the prior step leaves you in Settings. So ... if I may reiterate, would be clearest to say "Now go to Dashboard ...". Really helpful to consider the perspective of the novice, who is anxious because of this huge problem. Just walk them through it. Easy to adjust ...

27 minutes ago, JGustave said:

who is anxious because of this huge problem. Just walk them through it. Easy to adjust ...

Sorry it was not more clear. We all were just trying to get the info out as quick as possible and just overlooked some details.

That being said, Have your issues been corrected?

Thanks, my issues related to this problem have been fixed. I was just thinking of others who might experience the same bit of confusion with your generally very clear and helpful instructions.

(I have a ticket pending on another issue -- the recent versions of MB scan *fewer* files than previous, e.g., about 250,000 instead of about 350,000. I did a Farbar scan and sent in the results, waiting to hear back.)

12 minutes ago, JGustave said:

(I have a ticket pending on another issue -- the recent versions of MB scan *fewer* files than previous, e.g., about 250,000 instead of about 350,000. I did a Farbar scan and sent in the results, waiting to hear back.)

That is due to caching and quite often the database gets optimized often(pruned), when a threat is not in the "wild" anymore the detection gets removed. That also means that some locations that were scanned before are removed because threats are not found in that location anymore(less files are scanned.)

Staff might correct me if i am wrong.

Edited by Porthos

2 hours ago, JGustave said:

Greetings - on the posting from MB yesterday, on how to fix the problem with the update, one on the numbered instructions is to find "Scan Status". But you don't say where this is. You should say, "In the Dashboard," ... this will help your customers who are anxious and don't know the web layout as you do.

@JGustave thanks for the feedback!! I totally agree. We have started updating our content so that it's clearer for everyone.