LK611

IP Protection Disabled

Hello,

I just installed the Premium 30-day trial for Malwarebytes for Android 3.1.1.13 on my Moto G5 Plus, Android version 7.0, and then:

- updated the Malwarebytes database

- enabled Safe Browsing Scanner

- tested my browser protection on Brave, Firefox and Google using http://iptest.malwarebytes.org, but all three allow me through to the Malwarebytes page "If you are able to reach this page it means that IP protection is disabled on your machine."

Can you tell me if there is anything else I should be setting on my phone to make sure that Malwarebytes will block my browsers from going to dangerous sites?

Thank you

LK

Hi @LK611,

In order for the Safe Browser Scanner to work, it needs special permissions.  Under Settings > "Accessibility" on your device, you should see "Malwarebytes Safe Browsing Scanner" listed and "ON".  If it is "OFF", it will not work.

Nathan

Thank you for the response Nathan, but I have set the safe browsing scanner to 'on' and it still lets me through on all three browsers. Perhaps this is a bug in the trial version?

LK

Hi @LK611

Thanks for reaching us. Our safe browsing scanner works differently then our desktop version. Our Android app cannot block network connections, however when you are browsing and if it is a phishing site we warn our user, get away from that page. So technically it is not blocked, however you'll be informed that it is a dangerous site.

if you want to try you can keep that feature turned on and type mwactest.malwarebytes.com to URL, you should see a dialog like this:

screen-maliciouslink.jpg