Malwarebytes realtime protection stops CAUSE/FIX

I know this has been an issue in the past and it happened to me today. After a search I found no solutions that helped me. I then noticed an icon on my desktop "Avast" that I know I didn't install. So I got around removing that program. It turned out to be the culprit that preventet Malwarebytes realtime protetion from operating, as a side effect it slowed down my entire system so I could do nothing but basic browsing and troubleshooting (could run no heavy programs). I think Avast could have been attached to either Java or adobe updates, but I am actually not sure how I got it on my system. 

It would be really cool if Malwarebytes had an extra layer of protection, or a popup warning when another 3rd party antivirus system tried to install on your PC, then we could click yes, or no to it. 

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Shazzamx said:

I think Avast could have been attached to either Java or adobe updates, but I am actually not sure how I got it on my system. 

Guess you use Ccleaner. That is what installed it.

2 minutes ago, Shazzamx said:

It would be really cool if Malwarebytes had an extra layer of protection, or a popup warning when another 3rd party antivirus system tried to install on your PC, then we could click yes, or no to it. 

Malwarebytes is designed to run alongside AV programs.

CCleaner Avast.png

Yes I think you are right. There was an update to my Cc cleaner and I must have missed that checkmark. You say that Malwarebytes is designed to work along side Avast, but immediately after uninstalling Avast my system worked perfectly again and so did Malwarebytes, that could again turn on the live registering of websites etc. Thank you for your reply and your product. 

5 minutes ago, Shazzamx said:

You say that Malwarebytes is designed to work along side Avast, but immediately after uninstalling Avast my system worked perfectly again and so did Malwarebytes

If you like avast just add the exclusions and re test. I  personally just use Defender.

I would like you to add these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions list as mentioned in this FAQ HERE (my list below includes the exe files as well) Please restart your computer you do this.

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamwow.exe
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

Also please exclude the following folders too: (The complete folder)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

Edited by Porthos