Production halted at a cost of $85,000!!!!

Malwarebytes is a joke.

Yesterday due to the disastrous update the MB team gave their paying customers (I doubt they tested it before release), I lost alot of work commited before and after due to crashes and performance clogging. I am very upset about this. And I don't think I will ever be able to trust the software again.

I doubt Malwarebytes understand the spectrum of trouble that they have given many of their customers.

Edited by Karantan

While I do understand the frustration, I gotta say that what happened today isn't something that happens regularly, so some of you really need to calm down or move on to another software. stuff happens from time to time, get over it. It's not like this happens daily. I've lost plenty of work because Windows decides to update & restart on its own for "IMPORTANT" updates.

If production was halted, you should have just done TASK MANAGER>MBAM RIGHT CLICK>END TASK. "Lawsuits", lulz.

6 hours ago, BruceMinogue said:

Well said, not only do they not understand the problems that they created, but they don't care . I have premium "enterprise" support ($$$), I opened a ticket with support at 10:30 am and have not been contacted at all..... what a joke. 

Hello,

There are many other Antiviruses that have also had big problems  

Mr. Marcin Kleczynski has sent a personal email to all members and is reported to be open to discussion   Marcin.JPG.c807b8c30b737cab163c4fb60aae9d9c.JPG

(sorry for you)

Maybe you can write to him, right ? 

Greetings

8 hours ago, BruceMinogue said:

We are a papermill that is a 24/7 operation. You cost our company $85,000 in revenue in just today!!!

You, sir, are a tool. IF you work at a paper mill, and IF your company actually lost $85,000 today, the stock holders need to see about dumping the dumb sh*ts that run your company, and elect a new board. Dump the plant manager as well, for not having the forethought to higher someone in that position. They should have an on board IT / tech guy who would have known what to do, in the event of a similar situation. Of course, I could be wrong here. Maybe they already have an IT guy - you, who was not the sharpest tack in the box and couldn't figure it out in time. Either way, I'm sure you get my point.

It's funny that lots of residential customers came here today and knew damned well enough to ask questions, rather than to just go off against the staff for this. Next time, why not approach them civilly, rather than like some neanderthal?

Oh, was that in Zimbabwe Dollars? Australian Dollars? New Zealand Dollars? Singaporean Dollars? Canadian Dollars? US Dollars? Or, did you sort that out, yet? 

By the way, I know enough about the paper mill industry to know one thing - a plant can turn $85,000 US in a single hour of production.

8 hours ago, BruceMinogue said:

LOL... at least it was pirated, mine was enterprise and it cost plenty. I wouldn't even pirate this garbage after today....

If that is the case, I hope they catch you and prosecute you to the full extent of the law. If you really do work for a paper mill, you just put them under the gun, bright guy. 

1 hour ago, Asia_Off_Grid said:

You, sir, are a tool. IF you work at a paper mill, and IF your company actually lost $85,000 today, the stock holders need to see about dumping the dumb sh*ts that run your company, and elect a new board. Dump the plant manager as well, for not having the forethought to higher someone in that position. They should have an on board IT / tech guy who would have known what to do, in the event of a similar situation. Of course, I could be wrong here. Maybe they already have an IT guy - you, who was not the sharpest tack in the box and couldn't figure it out in time. Either way, I'm sure you get my point.

It's funny that lots of residential customers came here today and knew damned well enough to ask questions, rather than to just go off against the staff for this. Next time, why not approach them civilly, rather than like some neanderthal?

Oh, was that in Zimbabwe Dollars? Australian Dollars? New Zealand Dollars? Singaporean Dollars? Canadian Dollars? US Dollars? Or, did you sort that out, yet? 

By the way, I know enough about the paper mill industry to know one thing - a plant can turn $85,000 US in a single hour of production.

shut that mouth up, clutching at straws

10 hours ago, BruceMinogue said:

We are a papermill that is a 24/7 operation. You cost our company $85,000 in revenue in just today!!!

Since you are obviously representing a company, why are you not at the subforum for malwarebytes end-point protection? I think they are better at helping with business related problems.

(As you mentioned you are using the enterprise version.)

Regards,
Durew

Edited by Durew
Mean unnessecary remark altered