MWB Crashing Computers

jcgc50

I have two laptops running the creator version of Win 10 64bit. Running MWB Premium 3.3.1. This morning around 10am my wife and I were using these two PCs when both became unresponsive at the same time. We were both working in the  Chrome browser when it stopped responding. Throughout the rest of the day, the machines were essentially unusable. They would not restart and I had to force them to shutdown. Programs would not open clicks on programs got no response even though the cursor would move.

If the screen went dark due to power management only a forced shutdown would start them again with no improvement. I checked to see if they had taken a recent Win 10 update and the last one was on January 10.

MWB would not run a scan completely without freezing. I have it set to check for updates frequently and run a scan every morning. There have been no threats found or items quarantined.

Ultimately I quit MWB and immediately both laptops started working normally. Knowing that the next restart was going to reactivate it again I have uninstalled the program from both.

Any ideas on a solution or what the problem was?

3 minutes ago, jcgc50 said:

Any ideas on a solution or what the problem was?

We're sorry you had issues with our program today. We've addressed the issue and here's what you need to do to fix it.

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

• Update package version 1.0.3803 (Malwarebytes 3) or v2018.01.27.12 (Malwarebytes 2.x) or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or even third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

If you continue to have issues or experience new ones, please start a new thread and we'll happily look into that for you.