Malwarebytes possibly compromised on a window 10 computer

After I started up my computer today, I began to have this problem.

When i start any application it will be fine for awhile then it (the application and my computer as a whole.) will start to freeze (I can still move my cursor around, but I won’t be able to click anything) and crash,

my wallpaper will go black, then when I move any file on my desktop, it will pop back in.

Any scan with malwarebytes will run for exactly two secondes and then complete.

bitdefender is  absent entirely.

@X-Ray @Frozenturtle I just realised this caused my freezing problem which i was trying to fix all day. simply start you computer in safe mode (if you don't know how to go into safemode go to google and type "How to open safemode on windows 10) and disable malwarebytes on startup settings (task manager).

Restart your pc and go to https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean 

this will: uninstall malwarebytes, Reboot then reinstall malware bytes and it will preserve t the key throughout the whole process. This should fix: pc freezing problem ,  web protection problem and black screen problem.

Also if you dont see Malwarebytes on startup on task manager open malwarebytes go into  settings > protections >  scroll down and you will see start up options uncheck "start malwarebytes upon windows startup"

Edited by Ishy

We're sorry you had issues with our program today. We've addressed the issue and here's what you need to do to fix it.

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

• Update package version 1.0.3803 (Malwarebytes 3) or v2018.01.27.12 (Malwarebytes 2.x) or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or even third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

If you continue to have issues or experience new ones, please start a new thread and we'll happily look into that for you.