Thanks Malwarebytes

Wow, that was a bit of a roller coaster ride. My system was creaking at the seems for an hour or so and actually crashed (black screen and blue screen) twice, but all is good now.

I've read a lot of incredibly negative comments by drama queens over-reacting on here about today's issue claiming they're going to sue, report etc.. and I feel compelled to defend MB.

These things happen folks, chill out, no-one was hurt or died!

I have used Malwarebytes since 2007 and this is the first time I've experienced a problem.

Kudos to the team and thank you for fixing a serious problem so quickly. 

They know what happened now and I'm confident it won't happen again.

Hmmmm... I guess there must've been something going around today as my software went down the crapper too. Took a while, but it's alright now.

I've been using MBAM since 2008, and there is NO other protection software that I'd give my money to (I uninstall all the other useless Norton & McAfee garbage from all my computers too). Sure, it tends to hit the ground here & there, but it's VERY rare that I actually have issues that last over a few hours.

I think anyone that's wanting to "sue" MBAM should just move on to a different software, and see how much worse they get treated there. I, for one, will be sticking with MBAM (using paid version here btw).

7 hours ago, Being said:

Wow, that was a bit of a roller coaster ride. My system was creaking at the seems for an hour or so and actually crashed (black screen and blue screen) twice, but all is good now.

I've read a lot of incredibly negative comments by drama queens over-reacting on here about today's issue claiming they're going to sue, report etc.. and I feel compelled to defend MB.

I have used Malwarebytes since 2007 and this is the first time I've experienced a problem.

Kudos to the team and thank you for fixing a serious problem so quickly. 

They know what happened now and I'm confident it won't happen again.

You do them no favors by kissing their ass. This is something that shouldn't have happened. If they did their job properly, they would've detected this issue before pushing out the update and corrected it. You making excuses for their incompetence is pathetic. The people threatening to sue or report are either trolling or stupid, but people absolutely have cause to be upset, especially if they're paying for the product as I am. It didn't take me long to diagnose the issue and fix it, but that doesn't make it any less unacceptable. And as for the whole "no one was hurt or died," some people claimed to be law enforcement and talked about how this issue affected their computers and EMT related outlets. I can't say how reliable that is, but it is plausible, so maybe you shouldn't be so certain about that declaration, champ.

I likely will not be renewing my subscription, as I have no desire to pay a company to sabotage my computer.

15 hours ago, Being said:

Obviously your small IT empire was only affected in a marginal way and you were up and running in time for your favorite show on TV. Consider businesses with large numbers of PC's and enterprise systems facing huge outages. I spent most of my day off having to manually repair this problem. Most PCs in my business behaved in different ways responding to the suggested courses of action. It wasn't pleasant I can assure you.

It's nice your issue was resolved relatively quickly, but please don't resort to name calling especially as you obviously don't understand the full spectrum of this outage.

Edited by mangochutney

8 hours ago, Soozy said:

Kudos to MBAM for getting the issue resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

To all those that are complaining, how hard would it have been to End Task and then remove MBAM.

That's what I did and then read about the issue and reinstalled.

50% of our systems were in a total unresponsive state. Rebooting with NIC uplugged helped a few but not all. Now go through all these multiple steps reacting to each machine's separate response on 50+ machines. Enjoy your day.

I dread to think what else would have borked had we had MB installed on our production servers. OMG.

Edited by mangochutney