Jump to content

Last update made me remove MB 3 from my PC


Recommended Posts

With all the respect to the MB team, you should really test the updates before you roll it out!

Not only that the last update made the Web Protection service unavailable today (which happened with some previous updates that were causing same issues with other MB 3 protection modules), but in addition to that, it made two of my machines that were running MB 3 completely unusable.

When the Web Protection module went off I thought "Well, I'll just wait for the next update that will probably fix it as it has happened before with other modules (just as I mentioned earlier)" but in addition to that, this time it was far more serious as two of my PC's starts to freezing and went blank screen each 10 minutes. When this was happening the only option to return back to work was to hard reset them. In the end, I found myself removing the MB 3 completely as it was impossible to continue to work like that.

The most annoying part is the fact that I find MB as one of the best protection services. I pretty sure that guys that work there doing a really great job to keep the service running but it seems like the updates just rolling out with no testing them whatsoever......

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dell Latitude E5430 was running just fine until around noon Eastern Time today.  Then my memory utilization spiked to 98 percent and my computer became totally unusable and would not respond to any commands.  I had to reboot into SAFE Mode to turn off Malwarebytes and then when I rebooted normally, I uninstalled Malwarebytes completely.  For me, over the past 3 years, Malwarebytes has performed flawlessly and saved me from having to rebuild my laptop every year due to Malware and other bad software attacking me.  However, today, I had to uninstall Malwarebytges as it made my computer totally unusable.

First I saw that the Web protection was off (got the message) and then when I went to Task Manager to see what was making my laptop so slow, I saw that memory utilization was at 98% and Malwarebytes was the culprit.

I hope this gets fixed.  I won't reinstall Malwarebytes until the issue is fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Hi @random_user and @rdondes,

We're sorry you had issues with our program today. We've addressed the issue and here's what you need to do to fix it.

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

  • Update package version 1.0.3803 or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or even third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

If you continue to have issues or experience new ones, please start a new thread and we'll happily look into that for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • celee locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.