I might be infected

I've had malwarebytes premium for about a year now, however when I restarted my computer a few minutes ago my malwarebytes was asking me to buy premium. Before I restarted my computer I noticed that things were taking more RAM than they should've been and working slower than they should have been. Scan log and FRST logs are attached.

[EDIT] Web protection also turned off and refused to turn back on.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

scanresults.txt

Edited by GenericDM
additions

Looks like we are all having the same problem of high RAM grabbing and system then collapsing.  Just seen a Staff member reply to another requesting to uninstall and install the latest version from their site. I too this evening have the same issue.

Same here, but on 2 separate Pcs.

I've had to disable the service as it was killing both PCs - both running Windows 10.

One PC has 40Gb RAM and MWB was using ~33Gb of it.

MalwareBytes version I'm running is v3.3.1.2183.

I have been using MWB for over 2 years without an problems like this.

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

1 hour ago, CBers said:

Same here, but on 2 separate Pcs.

I've had to disable the service as it was killing both PCs - both running Windows 10.

One PC has 40Gb RAM and MWB was using ~33Gb of it.

MalwareBytes version I'm running is v3.3.1.2183.

I have been using MWB for over 2 years without an problems like this.

Thanks.

We're sorry you had issues with our program today. We've addressed the issue and here's what you need to do to fix it.

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

• Update package version 1.0.3803 (Malwarebytes 3) or v2018.01.27.12 (Malwarebytes 2.x) or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or even third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

To learn more about what happened, please go here:

If you continue to have issues or experience new ones, please start a new thread and we'll happily look into that for you.