RubbeR DuckY

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage

1 minute ago, pcolaagent said:

Interesting, I just posted the same a few minutes ago, this has cost my business this morning, not to mention freaking out some friends I referred Malwarebytes to that I now must go see if I can update because they are freaking out. Hopefully, they will offer some type of compensation  ( 6 months would be good) to at least the forum posters and any emails they received during this mess.  I feel bad for them though, they have been my heroes for years, this is a bad day for all of us.

Compensation? For a buggy update? 6 months? Fkin ell are you for real?
What's the bloody matter with people!! It's software that had a glitch in it which was resolved ASAP.
And you want compensation to the tune of 6 extra months?
A bad day for all of us?
Get a grip. Seriously. It's a glitch and it's been fixed.
stuff happens.

Since when did people feel so damned entitled to so many things. Has to be the American culture. Has to be. Never known an infection like it.

1 minute ago, pastorbrad said:

I uninstalled from two machines. So will reinstalling and then reactivating get the latest (i.e. repaired) version?

Yes, you should be good to go.

Just now, CrushedTomato said:

Compensation? For a buggy update? 6 months? Fkin ell are you for real?
What's the bloody matter with people!! It's software that had a glitch in it which was resolved ASAP.
And you want compensation to the tune of 6 extra months?
A bad day for all of us?
Get a grip. Seriously. It's a glitch and it's been fixed.
stuff happens.

Since when did people feel so damned entitled to so many things. Has to be the American culture. Has to be. Never known an infection like it.

I and many people on here lost money because of this "glitch" not all of us play on our computers we use it for business.

There's enough doubt here that far from being fixed, it may just have had a band aid applied until such time a full fix can be issued.  It will not be going back on my laptops until that happens.  Dont get me wrong, I am amazed it was patched up so quickly but it does not look like its working for all and I wont waste any more time this weekend on it.  Back to an altenative until this is fixed properly - hopefully next week.

9 minutes ago, MaronaPossessed said:

Hi. Just restart the malwarebyte service and relaunch. fixed it for me there^^

Restarted service turned protection back on and we are good to go.  Thank you so much for the help!

1 minute ago, Bob_b said:

There's enough doubt here that far from being fixed, it may just have had a band aid applied until such time a full fix can be issued.  It will not be going back on my laptops until that happens.  Dont get me wrong, I am amazed it was patched up so quickly but it does not look like its working for all and I wont waste any more time this weekend on it.  Back to an altenative until this is fixed properly - hopefully next week.

Ditto Bob

2 minutes ago, pcolaagent said:

I and many people on here lost money because of this "glitch" not all of us play on our computers we use it for business.

This is how the world works, no different than your internet going out if you use cloud based systems... things happen

3 minutes ago, pcolaagent said:

Play on computers? I myself run two businesses, so please don't assume and make sweeping statements.
Fact is, it's the whole compensation culture now creeping into online software purely because of a glitch.
Pardon me for saying so, but if you were such a good businessman/"person" you'd have an immediate failsafe and alternative. ;)

After updating to package version 1.0.3803 it has been running fine so far.

Much appreciation to the team for releasing an update so quick.

Edited by SnowyRena

2 minutes ago, pcolaagent said:

Surely this is what back ups are for.  It was an outage for a few hours are you honestly trying to tell us you had no alternative.   If you are a business I presume you have a business continuity plan - if not then perhaps today is a day for learning

Play on computers? I myself run two businesses, so please don't assume and make sweeping statements.
Fact is, it's the whole compensation culture now creeping into online software purely because of a glitch.
Pardon me for saying so, but if you were such a good businessman/"person" you'd have an immediate failsafe and alternative. ;)

Exactly

1 minute ago, xmonster said:

This is how the world works, no different than your internet going out if you use cloud based systems... things happen

Agreed. People need to get a grip big time. So many tears spilt over a glitch. I'm mortified at some of the posts here, especially considering it was fixed as soon as they possibly could.

1 minute ago, Bob_b said:

Surely this is what back ups are for.  It was an outage for a few hours are you honestly trying to tell us you had no alternative.   If you are a business I presume you have a business continuity plan - if not then perhaps today is a day for learning

Amen

Yeah I do, but for some reason, this issue trashed my Surface Pro, so let's not argue, business is business, if I cost my customers I would compensate them

1 hour ago, RubbeR DuckY said:

I am personally available to discuss both on this forum via personal message or at mkleczynski@malwarebytes.com

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

• Update package version 1.0.3803 or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

Thanks.for the update and the relatively quick resolution  Just a few relevant questions:

1. If each update is tested before it goes out, why did this one slip through undetected?
2. Does the client verify the integrity of the updates before they're applied?
3. Doesn't the client have appropriate error handling for such situations so that they don't result in memory leaks (or CPU load or whatever)?

Edited by Breach

Thank you for the quick fix. Thank you for a great product that has saved me and friends of mine many many times.

OK Thanks. Ill try again and see. What a mess this caused. Spent 4 hours restoring 2 PC's and reinstalling stuff.