RubbeR DuckY

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage

Theres a dude that said his company lost 85 000 dollar on this.

I must say malwarebytes been very good until today. I lost my saturday night of surfing. Two weeks until next saturday off work. 

I also used hitman pro until recently it Black screen of Death my pc,

and then it blocked Adobe flash player so I could not Watch videos online.

Besides pay bills once a month that is all I use it for.

Have a nice weekend XD

Major suck here. Finally, back up to post. Such incompetence is beyond words. Do you never test any of your updates, or do you just throw them out knowing you are perfect. 

8 minutes ago, Tinker said:

As a paying subscriber, I am well within my rights to bitch. 

Absolutely! This was no different than being hit with a virus and we're paying money for it. 

I just finished...  Doing remote access when possible and driving to effected businesses to reboot.  Word to the wise:  small businesses with out cloud access, rdp, remote access (because the affected system doesn't have enough ram to function) need to reboot the affected system.  Don't wait.  My last stop had 3 computers with the problem and they where hot boxes.  You see some people with nic and ram problems, thats why.  You need to protect your hardware because of this issue.  I applaud mbam for the quick fix but it's not a total fix as someone may have to physically be at the system to reboot it.  Good luck to you.

3 minutes ago, TerryH said:

This was no different than being hit with a virus and we're paying money for it. 

Maybe it's just me, but v3 is worse than any experience I could have in its absence. And I'm going on faith here that it actually protects me as there has been no video documentation that v3 protects against ransomware.

Edited by Telos

I had issues this morning. Windows 7 Professional lagged terribly and shut down twice while I was troubleshooting. I turned off MB Web Protections, then windows shut down a third time while running scan. It ran very, very sl-o-o-o-wly. During the scan, a pop up windows message  not able to access licence or similar message. Cancelled scan.

Looking under settings, there is no update for the MB 3.3.1 Premium trial version to remediate today's issues.  MB / Settings/Scan folder options are Activate Licence (and enter key which did not come with the trial) or Update Now (select version to purchase/no upgrade for trial version offered).

Just now as I write, a "Program Compatibility Assistant window" opened with message: "Windows detected this program did not run correctly" and "has applied compatibility settings to this program". However, it looks like I have latest and greatest versions but still had problems: 

Installed Jan 17th, 2018 / MB V 3.3.1.2183, Update package 1.0.3084 , Component Package 1.0.262 on Windows 7 Professional, 64bit

Was this connected to, or coincidentally a separate issue from this mornings issues? What can be done? Do I lose last 4 days of my trial? Spent 1/2 a day trying to fix this.

Please help

IMG_0330.jpg

2 hours ago, WatchingtheTaskManager said:

Hi mytimbuk2, I had the same issue. Uninstalling from the control panel straight up didn't work for me.

I was able to get it working by using the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility to remove the entire program and then reinstalled. You can it find here https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1112 or by going to the main site -> support -> home -> Uninstall / Reinstall -> How-To: Use the Malwarebytes Clean Uninstall Tool and downloading the tool from there...

Reinstall manually instead of letting the program do it for you and maybe use a older installation file if you still have it on your computer from when you first downloaded Malwarebytes. The one they are distributing from the main site seems to have something wrong with it, since it did not work when I ran it.

Yep, after hours of working on 3 computers, finally got it uninstalled in safe mode... took a long time of waiting.  Couldn't download or use computer without getting rid of it first, but gotter done, what a nightmare.  Should offer me another lifetime subscription... or at least a year free.

19 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Absolutely! This was no different than being hit with a virus and we're paying money for it. 

Ditto!  And when all you've got is a frozen system, who and where is the clue that Malfunctionbytes is the culprit?? After multiple reboots and running WINSRT scanner, the process of elimination showed that only this junk release could be at fault. Oh, and having a second system handy that WASN'T running Malfunctionbytes helped a lot! As it is, I'm still sitting here with 1.0.whatever fix installed and web protection still cannot be activated. And everyone's gone home!

Edited by webbieadmin

Actually, I appreciate the way it was handled.   Quick response, followed by a reasonable explanation, and a change of process.

Nobody's happy about suddenly seeing their RAM crank up to eleventy, but let's face it - mistakes happen.

And really, in terms of qualifying for the all-time list of software update glitches, I'm quite certain this one doesn't even rank in the Top 1000.

Perspective.

Lost an entire day just wondering what was happening with my PC. I somehow managed in being able to turn off the automatic startup of MB, then had to unplugged my computer in order to be able to reboot. MB is still not running but what should I do now?

With all these replies I just cannot figure out if the problem is resolved or not.

What should I do now? Restart MB to download an update and hope that PC survives?

I swear, if I have to uninstall and reinstall this program one more time... I'm done.

Thanks for any help!

During the web protection module palaver a few months ago, I was the first to...shall we say, forcefully express my annoyance. But credit where it's due, this update, which was released extremely quickly on a Saturday night has completely fixed all of my computers of the memory leak. Great job and thank you.

1 minute ago, subtec said:

Actually, I appreciate the way it was handled.   Quick response, followed by a reasonable explanation, and a change of process.

Nobody's happy about suddenly seeing their RAM crank up to eleventy, but let's face it - mistakes happen.

And really, in terms of qualifying for the all-time list of software update glitches, I'm quite certain this one doesn't even rank in the Top 1000.

Perspective.

To most of us private users this was a hiccup. To some it is/was an expensive disaster. We pay companies like MBAM to protect us, therefore are held to a higher degree of  accountability. It obviously was not intentional, but it happened, and there is no excuse for it.

43 minutes ago, small said:

Malwarebytes probably intercepts well over one hundred potential nasties per day on my system alone

I am assuming this is a shared system of some sort? If it is your personal computer then that doesn't seem normal at all. I have had two events total and one of them was a false positive...

Unless you're visiting sites you know are high risk you might have some sort of adware or something else on your computer.

2 minutes ago, WatchingtheTaskManager said:

I am assuming this is a shared system of some sort? If it is your personal computer then that doesn't seem normal at all. I have had two events total and one of them was a false positive...

Unless you're visiting sites you know are high risk you might have some sort of adware or something else on your computer.

My home screen says "Real-Time detections: 582    Those are likely lifetime, not daily. ;)

The level of my disappointment regarding this matter is well beyond the harshest swearwords in existence. For several years I have relied on, and paid Malwarebytes a bunch of sweet euros in license fees, but I’ve seen the software quality trend plummeting at an alarming rate lately, and now THIS.

I had been working on a time critical design project for 5–6 hours, when my screens suddenly just went blank. All screens, not just the main one. Blank, as in black, but not shut down like the video card wasn’t alive sending image data. Windows itself went…black. Ctrl+Shift+Esc to see what was going on didn’t help one damned bit.

Tried remoting to the machine, and at first it seemed able to connect, some windows flashed by but alas, close but no cigar. I had of course saved my work several times during the session, but I knew pressing the Reset button could possibly garble the document and ditch my work. But what to do??

And of f*cking course my system went bananas after I pressed Reset. Memory usage spiked, munching my entire 32 GB RAM to f*cking nichts! My hours of work is now wasted, and I have a machine that feels unstable (at the very least to say).

I HAVE NO TRUST IN YOU ANYMORE, MBAM! You will not be receiving as much as a cent from me anymore. Please go f*ck yourself at your earliest convenience.

I just checked and there is not one word of this issue on their homepage. 

Is the fix ok? The problem borked my desktop. The laptop crashed but not before I seen it was MBAM causing it. Haven't tried turning it on again. On a different computer without MBAM researching the problem. 

Cloud MWB EP is a major pain too!!! I'm driving to a customers at 8:30 PM to manually remove this crap.

13 minutes ago, TerryH said:

My home screen says "Real-Time detections: 582    Those are likely lifetime, not daily. ;)

582 over a life time seems reasonable, but @small said he was getting a hundred a day which seems pretty extreme to me. Mind you I tend to stay on sites I know and trust so I might just be sheltered ^_^

My desktop wont restart at all. I wasn't home when all this happened so I figure it must of overheated and screwed it up. I'm into safe mode on the laptop trying to uninstall it now. 

This explains a lot. I thought I got a virus that disabled realtime protection and was crashing my computer. I had to start it in safe mode, then install the update. Now everything is working fine.