RubbeR DuckY

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage

1 hour ago, wildbill99 said:

Then why are you using a Microsoft OS?  They have had several issues far worse then this over the years, occasionally requiring a reinstall of their entire OS and all applications.  Also a serious company would be using Unix based servers, whether Linux, Solaris or some other variation, not Microsoft, which every hacker under the sun targets.  By your logic you should not be using Microsoft products.

Way to blame the victim.  Somehow this is my fault because MB broke all our computers that were online at the time of the update?

Can the New Member BOTS stop posting how MB did a fantastic job? And yes, they are because most are 1 post ponies!!!!!

Thank God it's fixed.  I had to disable mbam for a while so it would stop crashing my system but it's working now.  Honestly had me pretty freaked out since I couldn't access the support site either (apparently it's under maintenance though it could be my blockers) and there was the whole CCleaner scare recently (the attackers took over the update server).  This machines starting to get a bit old too and it's always on so I was a little worried about hardware at first (though that fear subsided when I traced the problem to mbam service).  After all these years using mbam (and more recently mbam pro) I can honestly say I've had very few issues over the years.  A few false positives back in my portable apps days (the compression wrapper used for the apps was also used in some malware), an issue with the UI not starting when I got pro (that seems to be fixed now though originally I just delayed my startup), and then this today.  Overall I'd say it's a really good track record and I plan to continue to use and support mbam as long as I can.  As a testament to how long it's been since I've used the forums (and a good measure for how rarely I've had major issues) I had to reset my password to access the forums because neither my old notes nor my password manager had it.

2 minutes ago, Dkone111 said:

Way to blame the victim.  Somehow this is my fault because MB broke all our computers that were online at the time of the update?

I agree with you!

37 minutes ago, mpatterson said:

I still can not get the cloud to update to all of my PC's (261+)

Are they online? If so, can you reboot them?

This issue is still not fixed. Updated and Web Protection not on. Then a few minutes after restarting MB Firefox and Thunderbird crashed due to no memory left.

Thanks to all for the advice on how to get past this issue.  Unfortunately, I was never able to get in to MWB to install the update.  I was, however, fast enough to get into Uninstall, so I did.  I am hoping that after a little time passes I will be able to re download and reinstall using the original key that I was given when I bought the product.  

Also hope for some sort of communication from y'all with instructions on how to move forward.  

Good luck. 

9 minutes ago, Dkone111 said:

I feel for you. Same problem here. :-(

I uninstalled mwbt. Turned computer off for at least 5 minutes then turned back on and then rebooted again where I was finally able to reinstall with my license key and at first under about I still had old package version but as it has been scanning my computer it now has an updated version of 1.0.3804.  So far under protection my web protection is staying on along with the others.  Hope this helps someone else like me that is not a computer person.

Updated and rebooted like mentioned, web protection keeps turning off and still memory usage is hitting over 90%. Cant do much because programs keeps crashing due to no memory left.

Think i'll turn it off till further notice. <_<

ArTlOcH.png

C16KSIX.png

9 minutes ago, RevivedDuck said:

Can someone please tell me how the hell I can get the update

right-click on malwarbytes tray icon.check for updates <click>

1 minute ago, Rolphe said:

right-click on malwarbytes tray icon.check for updates <click>

it says that the update is up to date but its still using the old version

Edited by RevivedDuck

25 minutes ago, hzeric said:

Situation was very frustrating; but must admit that the Weekend-Response Team did a Great Job.  Here, on my system, as far as I can tell, the issue is solved.

Count on Malwarebytes commitment to review the release process.

Thanks anyway & keep up the good work

Good job? Wait what? Are you kidding?

This GAU (DBA) has ruined my Saturday so far.:-(

Just now, RevivedDuck said:

it says that the update is up to date

1 minute ago, RevivedDuck said:

it says that the update is up to date

uninstall and reinstall malwarebytes. setupfile: https://www.malwarebytes.com/ that fixed it for me

I can not connect to some Cloud managed endpoints.What version is the patched version and how can I tell what has been patched? Are these going to need to be touched and manually rebooted?

Thanks for the quick fix. Much appreciated. As someone whose project implementation once crashed the DB2 complex across an FSI's entire datacentre, I know the feeling you get when something goes pearshaped!

6 minutes ago, DelilahSue said:

Thanks to all for the advice on how to get past this issue.  Unfortunately, I was never able to get in to MWB to install the update.  I was, however, fast enough to get into Uninstall, so I did.  I am hoping that after a little time passes I will be able to re download and reinstall using the original key that I was given when I bought the product.  

Also hope for some sort of communication from y'all with instructions on how to move forward.  

Good luck. 

uninstall and reinstall malwarebytes. setupfile: https://www.malwarebytes.com/ that fixed it for me

1 minute ago, X-Ray said:

Good job? Wait what? Are you kidding?

This GAU (DBA) has ruined my Saturday so far.:-(

That post was a Bot and a 1 post pony.

OK, looks like the patch has come through so I'm able to access the internet with my machine (and MB is back in my tray)

All's well that ends well I guess... But this has given me like six hours of stress and worry. 

Will think long and hard about uninstalling MB from my machine - I renewed my yearly subscription exactly one month ago - How do I stand about getting my money back for the remaining 11 months if I uninstall?

Edited by GavinP

I was wondering what crashed my PC.

BTW, subsequently to the update, Web Protection is now off and it cannot be turned on.

For those having network issues my best guess would be that something got corrupted.  I'd suggest running the Windows diagnostic tool on it and maybe trying to reinstall the drivers.  It is possible that some hardware got burned out but if it did that's not really mbams fault (yes the faulty update caused memory and network problems but if it actually burned something out that means that the cooling system was insufficient and the computer failed to shutdown when it should have).  My laptops running a gen 3 or 4 I7 which was still pretty new at the time, it's always on, always a bit hot around the fans but aside from killing my battery (because I didn't use it off charge enough) the system is still running strong after several similar issues throughout the years caused by other programs and sometimes Windows itself.  The mbam team should have sent out an email but they identified a new problem and got it fixed in a relatively short timespan which unfortunately happened to coincide with planned maintenance (or so I presume) of the support server (I suppose it's also possible the support server got the bad update as well but they probably have protection against that).