Jump to content
RubbeR DuckY

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the fix.

I just shut down my Windows boxes and moved on using my MacBook Pro and a Linux Mint laptop. Later I disabled the MBAM service directly after startup and when the fix was announced I enabled it again. The update was already applied and everything is good.

All you winies, go ahead and find a better product than Malwarebytes. Good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Simply start MBAM and update and reboot before your machine freezes. 

 

1 minute ago, AustinK said:

Does anyone have a problem where they got the New update to fix the Problem and the Web Protection is still not coming even when you click it?

my web protection also did not work, although i had the latest update on. uninstall/reinstall malwarebytes solved it. the regular setup-file https://www.malwarebytes.com/

it will update then to the proper version

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, AustinK said:

Does anyone have a problem where they got the New update to fix the Problem and the Web Protection is still not coming even when you click it?

You may need to reboot your computer up to 3 times...(!) Hope that helps you?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, GavinP said:

I don't know if it got corrupted. I don't know what happened (other than I experienced the same same problems everyone here experienced at the same time but now my machine is unuseable)

Also I can't connect to the internet so I can't download anything from their site (I'm on someone else's laptop at the moment)

Someone else just posted this.... 

"This "malformed update" managed to break part of my motherboard.

The built in Ethernet port doesn't work anymore, even with MWB completely uninstalled.

Luckily we had a PCI Ethernet Card laying around that I'm now using to connect to the internet again."

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, SupaMan said:

This "malformed update" managed to break part of my motherboard.

The built in Ethernet port doesn't work anymore, even with MWB completely uninstalled.

Luckily we had a PCI Ethernet Card laying around that I'm now using to connect to the internet again.

My PC worked fine the first 20 Minutes I booted it up this morning and then I lost Internet connection and received a windows error that I was low on Memory because MBAM service was using 7 gigs of RAM.

This malformed update managed to affect my computer on a hardware level. I tried checking the settings in the bios and even flashing the bios. The ethernet port on my motherboard has been rendered useless.

Am wondering whether this is my problem.

 Everytime I try to fire up Google Chrome the start-up page just disappears?

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Genger said:

You've got a lot of computer professionals here, who quickly realized the problem was MLWB. My computer totally froze every time I tried to use it this morning and I was already researching the cost of sending a computer geek to my house to figure out my problem. I discovered it was your problem from googling. At minimum, you should be sending an email out to all of your premium users to let them know what was causing their computer problems this morning so they don't pay to have a professional diagnose for them.

I would never have thought to check email.

I figured it was MWB after I got task manager to open. Did my research on my tablet and found this.

But never would I open outlook looking for a notification etc.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, mytimbuk2 said:

Booted into safe mode on windows 7, trying to uninstall Malwarebytes, been waiting 5 minutes, nothing happening... please wait.

Hi mytimbuk2, I had the same issue. Uninstalling from the control panel straight up didn't work for me.

I was able to get it working by using the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility to remove the entire program and then reinstalled. You can it find here https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1112 or by going to the main site -> support -> home -> Uninstall / Reinstall -> How-To: Use the Malwarebytes Clean Uninstall Tool and downloading the tool from there...

Reinstall manually instead of letting the program do it for you and maybe use a older installation file if you still have it on your computer from when you first downloaded Malwarebytes. The one they are distributing from the main site seems to have something wrong with it, since it did not work when I ran it.

Edited by WatchingtheTaskManager

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, AustinK said:

Does anyone have a problem where they got the New update to fix the Problem and the Web Protection is still not coming even when you click it?

I had that problem along with the Mem leak after the update ... quitting MWBs and restarting fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post

I have the update 1.0.3803.  I have rebooted ("cold boots") at least half a dozen times and I still don't have "real time protection" on my Premium edition. What do I have to do?  I've spent all day on this and it's still not fixed. ???

 

YF

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Simply start MBAM and update and reboot before your machine freezes.  Version 1.0.3803 is the fix. 

 

I'll give it a shot later, for now it will remain disabled. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, YaleForester said:

I have the update 1.0.3803.  I have rebooted ("cold boots") at least half a dozen times and I still don't have "real time protection" on my Premium edition. What do I have to do?  I've spent all day on this and it's still not fixed. ???

 

YF

i had the same prob. uninstall and reinstall malwarebytes. setupfile: https://www.malwarebytes.com/ that fixed it for me

Share this post


Link to post

Situation was very frustrating; but must admit that the Weekend-Response Team did a Great Job.  Here, on my system, as far as I can tell, the issue is solved.

Count on Malwarebytes commitment to review the release process.

Thanks anyway & keep up the good work

Share this post


Link to post

The "fix" has not resolved the issue with customers using Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection (Cloud SAAS Service).

I have done the process; stopped services, rebooted, etc. with no effect.  I have tried to push protection updates through a task through the control panel, also with no effect.

The Malwarebytes service still starts and spiked CPU and continues to Gobble memory until the system becomes unstable.  

I have been unable to reach anyone in business support and do not see any posts in reference to this product or how to remediate the issue for business users.

Just looking to get some clarity on how to resolve this on the 900 endpoints and servers that we have that are affected.

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, GavinP said:

Am wondering whether this is my problem.

 Everytime I try to fire up Google Chrome the start-up page just disappears?

Do you have an internet connection? Check in Control Panel if you're unsure.

If I try to use the ethernet port built into my motherboard (which worked fine until MWB updated to the malformed update this morning) there is no connection and i can see on my router that there is no connection, yet when I use the same exact cable with my ps4 and the ethernet card I just installed to remedy this, it works fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, hzeric said:

Situation was very frustrating; but must admit that the Weekend-Response Team did a Great Job.  Here, on my system, as far as I can tell, the issue is solved.

Count on Malwarebytes commitment to review the release process.

Thanks anyway & keep up the good work

Keep up the good work - are you kidding. 

Share this post


Link to post

Just to pass along what seems to be true for us. We have around 4,000 deployed. It seems that machines on the .v03 update will fail to check for updates. Changing the policy did not work, what did work was to create a new policy with no protection, move computers to that policy that would allow them to update to latest def which seems to be working, then we'd move them back.

Share this post


Link to post

Took several reboots on one of the machines, but looks like everyone on my network is back up and running...

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SupaMan said:

Do you have an internet connection? Check in Control Panel if you're unsure.

If I try to use the ethernet port built into my motherboard (which worked fine until MWB updated to the malformed update this morning) there is no connection and i can see on my router that there is no connection, yet when I use the same exact cable with my ps4 and the ethernet card I just installed to remedy this, it works fine.

 

Yes I do connect to the internet on my "big" PC (which I use to record videos and upload them to YouTube and maintain my website) through an Earthnet cable.

I'm just trying to reboot my PC again to what happens

Share this post


Link to post

Holy crap not only did this "spike memory usage" it actually destroyed one of my RAM chips!! I had all these issues today (had to yank the offending stick out of course) and finally get my system up and running again only to have Malwarebytes have THIS issue which I *thought* was unrelated.  

Goddang, thanks Malwarebytes for chewing so hard through my memory you disintegrated it :/  Gonna replace my Corsair stick?  :/

Share this post


Link to post

I did check for an email earlier from Malwarebytes, also tried to sign into the forum but everything was greyed-out. I get it, stuff happens but next time PLEASE send an email STAT. Had I known, I would have saved myself a trip to the repair shop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.