Jump to content
RubbeR DuckY

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage

Recommended Posts

Where can I download the fixed release of version 3?  I do not  want to install a messed up version, I've spent 6 hours on this and not going through it again.

Please advise since Malwarebytes doesn't seem to be advising.

Share this post


Link to post

Would have been nice to know, my other computer is at a repair shop because NOTHING I did was working to fix it after the crash this morning. I thought I had the world's worst virus.

Even tried a system restore but that did not work.  Just called the shop to give them this info but they had already wiped my computer.  To say I am furious is an understatement.

Share this post


Link to post

Flipping nightmare!

I have been trying to reboot my W10 laptop for the last 2 hours... I narrowed the problem down to Malwarebytes and uninstalled it.

I have finally rebooted my laptop, and I have re-installed Malwarebytes (which does not have intrusion protection) and installed the update. Then an error message stating that "Malwarebytes has ceased to function and required a restart"...

Unfortunately, it does not restart, no matter how many times I try.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, pcolaagent said:

OMG! I have referred Malwarebytes and installed on several friends computers as well as mine, my phone is ringing off the hook. I uninstalled in order to use my Surface Pro, I am not sure I will reinstall at this point. Having said that, this has been my protection for many years without incidence and I am sorry this happened. I won't reinstall until I feel safe doing so.

Hello from Northern Germany,

that's my problem, too.

A lot of people are angry with me now and I have a lot of work to do on my free weekend. :angry:

OK, it's happend but please you really need to make sure this does not happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RubbeR DuckY said:

We pride ourselves on the safety and accuracy of our detection engines. To say I am heartbroken is an understatement.

We are working hard to not only triage your issues and get your computer or business back up and running but to also rebuild your trust. We are going to overhaul how we publish these protection updates so that this never happens again.

Apology accepted. Great that you finally fixed the issue now within some hours, I have re-installed it and it seems to work properly again.

But I would prefer and highly recommend if this ever happen again, please do a rollback of the faulty update first and then work on a solution. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm NOT a blubbering idiot, and I managed to fix 3 computers, but have one that took us an hour to uninstall Malwarebytes... I want to make sure we download a fixed version, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

I had to restart my computer four times, but now it is all working, after an hour of problems. I am glad to know it was not a virus trying to block MWP.

Share this post


Link to post

We are computer repair shop and we sell Malwarebytes to our customers...That's all we did today is uninstall Malwarebytes on about 25 computers. It has been removed from our site as a download, and we are no longer are going to sell Malwarebytes to future customers..that problem cause us a lot of time and labor lot's of pissed off customers..so we are saying goodbye to  Malwarebytes forever.

 

Edited by anth

Share this post


Link to post

I am convinced that all those alleged users posting and thanking for the fix without posting which fix they used are nothing more than New Member BOTS. If your MB is working as a result of a fix you used, how about telling others which fix you used.

Share this post


Link to post

Here's what I did to get the problem fixed on my Windows 7 computer (after reading the forums): 

Disconnected the network, rebooted, opened Malwarebytes, reconnected the network, and did the update before it started hogging the memory again. I rebooted a few times just to be sure. That fixed everything but the real time protection, which is still not working, even after several reboots. 

Sadly, that did not fix my Windows 10 laptop, which I fear is toast. It won't boot at all.  

Edited by Sunfell

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Simply start MBAM and update and reboot before your machine freezes. 

 

How do you do that if you can't see MB in your tray and clicking the desktop icon simply says "can't connect to service"

I'm in the UK so it's getting late here... At this point I'm thinking of just switching the whole machine off and  waiting to the morning.If at that point I still can't use my machine I will have to contact a PC expert to come and fix it and charge Malwarebytes for the repair!

Obviously when this fiasco resolved I'll be uninstalling MB Premium from my machine and cancelling the subscription I mean that goes without saying...

Edited by GavinP

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RubbeR DuckY said:

Earlier this morning, we published a protection update that caused connection issues for many of our customers. As a side effect of the web protection blocks, the product also spiked memory usage and possibly caused a crash. We have triaged this issue and pushed a protection update that resolves it.

If the update does not resolve the issue automatically for you, please shut down web protection, check for protection updates, and restart your computer.

The root cause of the issue was a malformed protection update that the client couldn't process correctly. We have pushed upwards of 20,000 of these protection updates routinely. We test every single one before it goes out. We pride ourselves on the safety and accuracy of our detection engines. To say I am heartbroken is an understatement.

We are working hard to not only triage your issues and get your computer or business back up and running but to also rebuild your trust. We are going to overhaul how we publish these protection updates so that this never happens again.

I am personally available to discuss both on this forum via personal message or at mkleczynski@malwarebytes.com

 

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

  • Update package version 1.0.3803 (Malwarebytes 3) or v2018.01.27.12 (Malwarebytes 2.x) or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

I still can not get the cloud to update to all of my PC's (261+)

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, mytimbuk2 said:

Where can I download the fixed release of version 3?  I do not  want to install a messed up version, I've spent 6 hours on this and not going through it again.

Please advise since Malwarebytes doesn't seem to be advising.

i installed the regular-release https://www.malwarebytes.com/ it works fine. the problem was an update-version, that now will be skipped and you will get the latest one.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, GavinP said:

 

How do you do that if you can't seeMBin your tray and clicking the desktop icon simply says "can't connect to service"

I'm in the UK so it's getting late here... At this point I'm thinking of just switching the whole machine off and  waiting to the morning.If at that point I still can't use my machine I will have to contact a PC expert to come and fix it and charge Malwarebytes for the repair!

Obviously when this fiasco resolved I'll be uninstalling MB Premium from my machine and cancelling the subscription I mean that goes without saying...

Sorry to hear. Did your version of MBAM get corrupted? You can dowload from their site and apply your key.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Genger said:

You've got a lot of computer professionals here, who quickly realized the problem was MLWB. My computer totally froze every time I tried to use it this morning and I was already researching the cost of sending a computer geek to my house to figure out my problem. I discovered it was your problem from googling. At minimum, you should be sending an email out to all of your premium users to let them know what was causing their computer problems this morning so they don't pay to have a professional diagnose for them.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone have a problem where they got the New update to fix the Problem and the Web Protection is still not coming even when you click it?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RubbeR DuckY said:

Earlier this morning, we published a protection update that caused connection issues for many of our customers. As a side effect of the web protection blocks, the product also spiked memory usage and possibly caused a crash. We have triaged this issue and pushed a protection update that resolves it.

If the update does not resolve the issue automatically for you, please shut down web protection, check for protection updates, and restart your computer.

The root cause of the issue was a malformed protection update that the client couldn't process correctly. We have pushed upwards of 20,000 of these protection updates routinely. We test every single one before it goes out. We pride ourselves on the safety and accuracy of our detection engines. To say I am heartbroken is an understatement.

We are working hard to not only triage your issues and get your computer or business back up and running but to also rebuild your trust. We are going to overhaul how we publish these protection updates so that this never happens again.

I am personally available to discuss both on this forum via personal message or at mkleczynski@malwarebytes.com

 

*** How to resolve / verify you have the fixed update package ***

  • Update package version 1.0.3803 (Malwarebytes 3) or v2018.01.27.12 (Malwarebytes 2.x) or higher contains the fix
  • To resolve, simply reboot your machine. In some cases, a second or third reboot may be needed.
  • To verify you have this update, go to Settings ->  About -> Update package version: 1.0.3803

I wish I had come here to read this 4 hours ago when I first used my computer today and found out I wasn't protected.  I was sure I was hacked!  I couldn't do anything with my computer until I uninstalled this malwarebytes and came into this website and saw this announcement.  After tears and frustrations and worry I re activated my license code and ran a scan and all is now well.  Maybe in the future you could put an announcement on TV or something because some, like me may not get on the computer to read an announcement.  Just saying...glad you got it fixed!!!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, AustinK said:

Does anyone have a problem where they got the New update to fix the Problem and the Web Protection is still not coming even when you click it?

Yes!

I have uninstalled & reinstalled again and it updated itself to 1.0.3804. All protection were off, but all back on now... (for now)

Edited by Truman
.

Share this post


Link to post

This "malformed update" managed to break part of my motherboard.

The built in Ethernet port doesn't work anymore, even with MWB completely uninstalled.

Luckily we had a PCI Ethernet Card laying around that I'm now using to connect to the internet again.

My PC worked fine the first 20 Minutes I booted it up this morning and then I lost Internet connection and received a windows error that I was low on Memory because MBAM service was using 7 gigs of RAM.

This malformed update managed to affect my computer on a hardware level. I tried checking the settings in the bios and even flashing the bios. The ethernet port on my motherboard has been rendered useless.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Sorry to hear. Did your version of MBAM get corrupted? You can dowload from their site and apply your key.

I don't know if it got corrupted. I don't know what happened (other than I experienced the same same problems everyone here experienced at the same time but now my machine is unuseable)

Also I can't connect to the internet so I can't download anything from their site (I'm on someone else's laptop at the moment)

Edited by GavinP

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.