IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JBags2018 said:

I am beyond upset about today's issue. There is no excuse for causing so much stress for so many of your subscribers. I have an on line business and was unable to communicate with my customers. Not only that but I was just about ready to packup my pc and take it to a tech to be fixed. At the very least you need to advise your subscribers about upcoming updates and that they may experience technical issues as a result.  Secondly you need to do more in house testing before releasing potentially damaging updates.  I will definately reconsider renewing my subscription.

I paid for a lifetime Premium subscription, what a mistake that was!

I would just like to say that THIS is exactly why I don't mind paying for the Premium Malwarebytes....   sure, they had an issue, but  WHAM BAM THANK YOU, M'AM....  They were on it, and fixed it with a quickness!   

And, with this kind of personal customer service:  here's what he wrote:  I am personally available to discuss both on this forum via personal message or at mkleczynski@malwarebytes.com

You guys actually earned MORE respect from me by having a problem, because now i see how you handle them.

Thanks!!!

Just now, scottsnewskirt said:

I would just like to say that THIS is exactly why I don't mind paying for the Premium Malwarebytes....   sure, they had an issue, but  WHAM BAM THANK YOU, M'AM....  They were on it, and fixed it with a quickness!   

And, with this kind of personal customer service:  here's what he wrote:  I am personally available to discuss both on this forum via personal message or at mkleczynski@malwarebytes.com

You guys actually earned MORE respect from me by having a problem, because now i see how you handle them.

Thanks!!!

Er sorry this issue is NOT fixed

Is the download that is currently on your web page the most current version? I just downloaded the program and it did not match the version that you described. Is there a place that I could download the most (fixed) current version? I just dumped my current system this morning thinking that I had a zero-day, just restored everything from a clean image, although I don't image my system with anti-virus or anti-malware (for times like this).

I just had to go through a lot of work this morning and I would really appreciate not doing that again (at least not because of Malwarebytes). So please make available the fixed most current version as soon as possible. I don't want to have to download an old version then use the update feature.

Thank you,

-Gary.

10 minutes ago, Dkone111 said:

New forum user, only registered to speak of my outrage.  We will be re-evaluating our continued use of MB, we currently are using the managed cloud solution company wide.  What happened today is 100% unacceptable.  This took down all of our web servers and our SQL server, causing our customers to call us asking why they can't log in.  It also took down my workstation so no remote login available and took down all our employees that were working today.  In most cases the outage was so severe that the machine could not update and had to be rebooted with the power switch or via the VMware console for the servers.  My recommendation will be to pull the plug on the MB service and request a refund on our licenses.  It is a sad day when your malware protection/AV solution is worse than what it is protecting you from.  Apologizes and promises to re-evaluate how you deploy patches are NOT good enough, your mistake cost our company real financial loss.

Then why are you using a Microsoft OS?  They have had several issues far worse then this over the years, occasionally requiring a reinstall of their entire OS and all applications.  Also a serious company would be using Unix based servers, whether Linux, Solaris or some other variation, not Microsoft, which every hacker under the sun targets.  By your logic you should not be using Microsoft products.

1 minute ago, chuckor said:

Uninstalled MB, used Cleanup tool, re-install 'Free MB' and then tried to activate License ID with out response....my ID/Key did not highlight the 'activate' button... don't know what's going on. 

Clean report below:

Thanks for any help

mb-clean-results.txt

Your key is blocked by their system. Same thing happened to me. It thinks it's already in use. Have fun waiting a week for their stupid support to fix it.

11 minutes ago, MichaelRight said:

Try disabling web protection first.

Thanks ... but it is already disabled to off as part of the license access problem.

One laptop somehow got updated ... I Checked For Updates several times via the MWB System Icon, the last time at 99% Physical Memory lockout, let the system hang for 10-15 minutes while the 1% allowed the update to possibly work, then mysteriously, on the next reboot, MWB was updated to the patch and the problem was fixed.  Why is there no physical Check For Updates button in the GUI?

30 minutes ago, weblog said:

I have done everything suggested but my Exploit Protection is still OFF. Is there anything I could do further?

26 minutes ago, jfarrlvt said:

Best thing you can do is uninstall, reboot, and wait it out.  They're a good protection software, 1st major problem I've encountered with them and I've been using them for years.  It is a big deal though and I resent that some people on this forum think it's not.

Ok I took the advice and uninstall it because I couldn't waiting for things to happen. I uninstalled it (need to note down the license key first), rebooted it and then removed the MalwareBytes folder from Program Files (using command prompt in privilege mode) . Then I re-installed MalwareBytes successfully. So it is working fine now. Thanks to the MB team and people here in this forum,, especially to jfarrlvt, for your quick response.

I have uninstalled on 3 of my machines.  After seeing that there was a fix, I download Malwarebytes from their web site, then clicked on "current" to get the latest version.  Malwarebytes remembered my License.  Then got the message the Web Protection disable.  Got message unable to contact server.  Checked Malwarebytes in Services and found it was stuck at "Stopping".  Rebooted PC and everything came up and seem stable now.  Will let run for 24 hours.  If not further problems, then will reinstall on other computers.

7 minutes ago, fredvries said:

Come on. It's not your outrage, but your frustration. Don't make it bigger that it is.

Thanks for the attempt to put words in my mouth.  I am sticking with outrage... I wouldn't use the word frustration when I am driving into the office on a Saturday and then having to spend a couple hours removing MB from workstations and servers and then apologizing to our customers because of someone else's screw-up.  So yeah, I am sticking with outrage.  Frustrating would be it took down my home PC and I had to reboot/update or uninstall/reinstall.  Btw, I didn't have the problem on my home machine because I don't run MB on it.

I installed the update about an hour ago on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop and it fixed the problem. 

1. Reboot and open the Malwarebytes app ASAP before memory taps out.
2. On the Dashboard, click Updates, even if it says "Current."  (The update took about 2 minutes.)
3. Click Updates again, just to make sure.
4. Go to Settings>>About and verify that the update package version is 1.0.3803.
5. Quit the Malwarebytes app.
6. Go to Control Panel>>Administrative Tools>>Services, select Malwarebytes Service, and click Restart the service.  (You won't need to reboot.)
7. Check the Performance tab in Task Manager.  Memory usage should be flatlined.

Now this is a major problem for me - I have a few systems running all of which I administer - This latest malwarebytes f**k up is going to cost me a LOT of time and money as I can't get psexec, pskill, or any other method to restart these mission critical boxes. Even shutdown /m cannot be used.

I thought it was common knowledge in the IT industry to never push out updates on a weekend?

I am now in the market for an alternative protection service - Serious failure due to updates isn't something I need.

To cause two serious update failures within 3 years just says that a lot more is wrong at malwarebytes than their software.

Hi All,

Remove the malware client and restart PC if its fine then reinstall malware client again if you want.

That update is blocking private and public IP communication of 172 network, If your malware byte and DNS servers are on 172 network it will not communicate until and unless you remove malware byte.

Because this update is blocking all communication on 172 network.

Regards,

Azhar