arcadecollectors

Unfortunately, Piradius, who own the range this IP resides on, are currently providing a blackhat outfit (YoHost.org) with a home on their network, and have been doing so for quite some time (myself and several others have attempted to get them to cease doing this and cut off YoHost).

Aslong as they are providing a home to a blackhat service, we cannot unblock them. Instead I'd recommend you move your site to a non-malicious IP range.

For reference;

http://www.dynamoo.com/blog/2009/08/some-w...scam-sites.html

http://www.dynamoo.com/blog/2009/07/piradi...at-hosting.html

http://hosts-file.net/?s=124.217.231.24

Unfortunately, Piradius, who own the range this IP resides on, are currently providing a blackhat outfit (YoHost.org) with a home on their network, and have been doing so for quite some time (myself and several others have attempted to get them to cease doing this and cut off YoHost).

Aslong as they are providing a home to a blackhat service, we cannot unblock them. Instead I'd recommend you move your site to a non-malicious IP range.

For reference;

http://www.dynamoo.com/blog/2009/08/some-w...scam-sites.html

http://www.dynamoo.com/blog/2009/07/piradi...at-hosting.html

http://hosts-file.net/?s=124.217.231.24

well, you guys took the easy way out. you should look at individual ip's not a whole range. you cant paint us all with the same brush. your service is useless this way.

i recommend you do a better job detecting the real threats.

well, you guys took the easy way out. you should look at individual ip's not a whole range. you cant paint us all with the same brush. your service is useless this way.

i recommend you do a better job detecting the real threats.

Can i say one thing... Uninstall MBAB. That will solve your problem.

Can i say one thing... Uninstall MBAB. That will solve your problem.

I presume he is more worried about other people not being able to access his site who use MBAB.

The program does not make it clear that it is BLOCKING a certain site, just an IP address.

Lots of people will not be aware that the reason they cannot connect to a site is because MBAB is blocking it as an IP address is useless to a newb.

I think this part of the prog should be removed.

You can turn IP protection off but it comes back on again after a reboot.

The main point is NEWBIES will not know this.

I do understand the frustration and as I've said before, we don't block ranges lightly. In this particular case, your hosting company has chosen not to stop providing a home to known criminals, I'd suggest therefore, taking this issue up with them. If they stopped providing a home for this, we'd stop blocking them.

• Staff

I'd like to also add that many of the sites currently blocked by our IP Protection may very well be in block lists for the following applications or review sites:

Outpost Firewall

SiteHound

SiteAdvisor

WOT

OpenDNS

And most assuredly, hpHosts and likely MVP Hosts as well.

So it's a good chance if you have any of those other tools in place, you'd get the same advice or get blocked.

Especially with these hosting companies who disregard the security community and allow cyber criminals to live on their ranges. It's obvious they're not worried about anything but the money they're making from the criminal activity.

your software is blocking the ip range of my legitimate site. please remove

my ip from your ip module.

you should not be blocking legit sites with your program. my site has no

malware.

arcade-collectors.com

thank you

Souinds like this software is doing harm to your website. Steering people away. Seems that only the problem IP's should be blocked. Not a range of IP's that have nothing to do with the problem. I wonder if there is a legal action that can be looked into. Blocking a legit website is just wrong IMO!

In this case, the problem IP's are the range, due to the company that owns the range, failing to prevent a criminal organization using it for everything from malware to phishing scams.

As has already been mentioned, the two choices here are;

1. Move the site to a non-malicious range

2. Convince the owner of the IP range, to drop the criminals using their network (our attempts to have Piradius take action, along with the attempts of others within the security community, have failed)

In this case, the problem IP's are the range, due to the company that owns the range, failing to prevent a criminal organization using it for everything from malware to phishing scams.

As has already been mentioned, the two choices here are;

1. Move the site to a non-malicious range

2. Convince the owner of the IP range, to drop the criminals using their network (our attempts to have Piradius take action, along with the attempts of others within the security community, have failed)

There is of course a third option, which is to stop using MBAB !

I use openDNS and it does not block this site or many other sites mentioned in this forum.

It is certainly a shame that MBAB has decided to use IP blocking on mass as the software is, otherwise, excellent.

• 4 weeks later...