ILS

web protection keeps turning off

I'm having trouble with Malwarebytes again. I’ve had Malwarebytes 3.3.1.2183 installed and working fine since November. PC Win7 64bit.  But today, the web protection was ‘turned off’ on both my PCs. I first quit MWB, the restarted it.  Web protection as on for about a minute, then it was off.  I also rebooted and did the same, with the same results.   What's going on [I had the same problem last June By ILS, June 9, 2017 in Malwarebytes 3 ]?

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

similar issues here - noted on Task Manager that Malwarebytes looked like a runaway train in memory usage.  Kept climbing past 6Gb RAM on my 8Gb (Win8.1) machine.  Uninstalled other antivirus software (Bitdefender free edition), uninstalled MWB and reinstalled, but now it will not update to current release.  MWB support site says down for maintenance.  Probably all related.  Hopefully issues at MWB will be fixed soon and resolve for all us end users.

The same thing is happening on my laptop and desktop.  In addition, I was contacted by two different people at two different forums who are having the same issue.

• Malwarebytes version 3.3.1.2183
  • Component package version:  1.0.262
  • Update package version 1.0.3798

my version info was the same as Corrine's before I un/re-installed, now cannot update from older version

Me too. All sorts of funny things happening. 5.5Gb of memory usage by MBAMServices.exe, 30% CPU. Windows Start button not working on left-click (right-click OK). Word giving an error I didn't note and didn't recognise when trying to open a document. MBAM Web Protection constantly being turned off and won't restart. Reinstalled the latest version, umpteen reboots. I've uninstalled Malwarebytes for now.

Edited by Xplorer1

I'm having the same issue, tried a clean install and cannot activate product and the website for finding lost license key is down.

IDEM  -:(   I'm having the same issue, tried a clean install and cannot activate product and the website for finding lost license key is down.

Just now, aschindou said:

IDEM  -:(   I'm having the same issue, tried a clean install and cannot activate product and the website for finding lost license key is down.

Same issue here, lets hope it gets resolved soon

Same issue here the service seems to die. It worked all good yesterday and now its broken!! Reinstalling doesnt help. The only way to resolve this issue was to reinstall WINDOWS.... please help

my version info is almost the same as Corrine's and mwiebe71's except for the update package:

Malwarebytes version 3.3.1.2183
Component package version:  1.0.262
Update package version 1.0.3799

I've also run the two tools, frst and mb-check. got the .zip file too. What next??

I'm having the same issue.  Looking at windows logs suggests it started a few hours ago.  I've followed the instructions from MB and attached the mb-check-results.zip.  I have confidence in the ESET product that I run along with MB so I've turned off MB for now. I can work from my Linux machines so I'm not terribly discomforted by this issue right now.

My Windows 10 version is: 1709 Build 16299.192

mb-check-results.zip

I'm having the same issue.  My computer wants me to reinstall Windows!  I just restarted, but Malwarebytes is not working.  There is an error that Web Protection is off, but it will not turn on.  Keep getting an error:  Unable to connect to license server.

Edited by Ktwofish
Add info

I've had exactly the same problem so I uninstalled Malwarebytes and reinstalled the free version then clicked on upgrade to Premium and entered my product key and ID to activate my license a box comes up saying the license key was not found.  I know the info I entered is correct.

1117 MST, "check for updates" started working, downloaded, applied update 3.1.2.1733, an earlier version?

Now memory runaway train has started again, up to 2+Gb of RAM

Ended MBAM task.

I'm getting exactly the same issue, just done a clean install of windows because start button wasn't working, I couldn't access the action center, all sorts was happening. Now I have just reinstalled Malwarebytes and still getting issues with malwarebytes " unable to connect to the license server " and everything keeps turning to off, web protection, exploit protection etc etc, but all the other issues have stopped.

I am having the same issue (Web Protection turned off) on 3 different systems in the last two days. All Windows 10 64-bit, two Pro one Home. All with Windows Defender.

This is not just affecting Malwarebytes. Since these issues started, my browser (Pale Moon) has locked up several times, Task Manager did not open properly, then entire desktop locked, forcing me to reboot to clear. Since exiting Malwarebytes, I have had no other issues. Computer and browser is working perfectly.

another uninstall, reinstall, activate license, but i did NOT "check for updates" 

within a few minutes, MWB checked for updates automatically, downloaded, applied, and runaway memory started againn

Ended Task from Task Manager (Win8.1, 64b), MWB started again spontaneously

Ended Task again, again started on its own with apparent memory leak

Ended Task 3rd time, waiting, waiting.... here it comes again

Weird stuff is occuring. Physical memory climbs linearly, MBAMservice.exe is identified. When I shut down MB,memory drops.Then  memory continues to increase in MBAMservice.exe!!  But I’m unable to stop the process MBAMservice.exe (access denied), memory drops.  This happens even when I disconect from the internet.