SimoM

Web protection will not turn on

I had the same problem before a year ago. There was a topic and I tried to follow suggested steps(update definitions, restart app/win), but without a positive effect. Is there anyone with the same problem? 

Yes this has literally started happening in the last hour? have uninstalled and reinstalled complains about contacting the licence server and then turns off

Same running a full scan and will do the same on defender... Also, when turning it on manually it freezes on starting...

Same thing here I can not use my computer it's freezing up everything making my screen go black. It's super sketchy. 

Having the same issue.  I have uninstall this program and now i can use my laptop again.  It was so bad that i could not open ANYTHING on my laptop, could not even shut it down because i could not get to the screen i needed to do that. So i winded up just holding my power button down till it turn it's self off then i restarted it in safe mode, uninstalled Malware bytes then restarted my laptop. Now i have everything back and running on my laptop and i can use it again. I will re-install Malware bytes when they have the problem fixed.  

I hope that someone from support team will deliver info regarding this issue... soon :(

Same boat as everyone else on here, Web protection is not starting up. When Malwarebytes starts it will be one for a few seconds then turns off. Going in and turning it on from the dashboard it gets stuck in "starting". Tried running it as an admin and same result.

I wonder if the win 10 update that installed had anything to do with it?

Edited by Retorrent

Same problem here and at my significant other's location.  4 computers involved, all being crashed repeatedly and/or refusing to keep real time protection turned on.

There is a MAJOR FLAW in the current release. I have 6 machines in my house and 3 friends machines all go crazy starting last evening the 26th. MWB is giving all kinds of port blocking errors consuming ALL of Memory including my 32 GB machine. Now machine screens are just going blank.  Win7Pro and Win10Pro.

De-installing MWB clears up the problem.

You may have to go to task manager to repeatedly stop MWB services to De-install it.

Edited by ElegantSolutions

Same issue here. Reinstalled but had a heck of a time reactivating licence.

I'm not worried though as the Malwarebytes team will deal with this quickly. :D

I'm also pretty good looking for an old guy so that helps too! :P

All of my systems are reporting the same behavior.  Web Protect will not turn on and there are reports of high system resource usage as well.

Same issue.

Using 13gb of ram WTH?
Keeps killing Windows and I can't start most programs.
It's like I'm using windows 98 on a 386

Just started today.
Computer was fine this morning.

Clipboard01.jpg

Well, For one thing, this proves that Malwarebytes support needs to give consumers up to date information on events.

At least put up notice to let people aware that they are looking into it.

Having to create an account on the forum to get answers is quite bad TBH!.

I too am having a problem with Malwarebytes Premium protection not on, and when I turn it on, it doesn't stay on. It stalls on Starting....  But this is just part of a Much More Serious problem, or set of problems. I will probably start  a thread of my own, but in short I can not use my computer. Each program closes or reports error messages. My file manager (Directory Opus)  has become unusable, and the computer can't find Windows Explorer. I have never experienced anything like this before.