Jump to content

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine started as soon as I updated to Firefox 58. Kept blocking FF and so uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled. After that Malwarebytes blocked Firefox ONLY!  I can get into IE fine without Malwarebytes blocking.  I have not tried Google nor the others except IE which is fine. I can get online after several attempts thru Firefox but at some point Malwarebytes does the job in blocking whatever it shows up in Firefox. attach screen shot.

firefox blocked.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a joke. So now I paid an technician to come down to my office to fix my server (Uninstalling MalwareBytes and telling us to keep it 100% offline until further notice- Being your FINAL fix or a brand swap). So now I'm out subscriptions if I switch. I sent my employees home. I'm out income for the day. I'm getting the backlash from my partners. HUGE chain of events for causing a whole chain of computers to black screen on us today. So whats the deal? I want ADMIN/CEO approval on a 'THIS IS THE FINAL 100% WORKING FIX' asap. Not from anyone else. ASAP.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KadyS said:

If the patch doesn't seem to solve your problem go here : https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean     Running the tool will also prompt for a download and reinstall. Might be easier for some than messing around with stopping and starting services - not everybody knows how to do that. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR LICENSE ON HAND. 

Restart the PC and you don't have to mess around with the processes or tasks. Easiest way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, aqw409 said:

Restart yuor computer and look at teh update package for version number 3803 Then restart the PC.

EDITED TO ADD: Nevermind! Its back to normal now without a system restart. Im on update 3803. Seems to be doing fine now. Guess it updated in the background somehow.

///////////////////

Don't understand. Why restart the PC if the update hasnt been received? Look where for the update package? 

Edited by ginakra
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BungalowBill said:

Utterly reprehensible that you rolled out an update that trashed my PC and made me waste half a day chasing the fault - I've uninstalled and installed other Web apps and video drivers trying to find the culprit before working out it was MBAM. NOT impressed. Will be looking for an alternative.

Hehehe your going to downgrade from the best antivirus because of a small flaw? Other A/V companies have done a LOT worse than this. When I have a problem on the PC I simply hit CTRL-ALT Del and look at resouces. It doesn't take me half a day to figure out whats wrong.......

 

Also I don't pay a technician to come out and look at my servers....If I am an administrator, I can see the CPU and Mem issue caused by a service. Its simply put - you can wait it out and know they are working on the issue. Paying some one to come out and confirm what is already fact is throwing money away. LOL

Edited by Gary_K
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that was quick, by the time I tracked down the it was MBAM, and possible fixes, that didn't work, I found the minute by minute situation happening on this forum. I stopped trying to fix it, Deactivated, and waited for the all clear. Once the first user reported no more memory leaked, Reactivated. No leaking... Thanks All.

all better now.png

Edited by Paul_B
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DsE said:

Such a joke. So now I paid an technician to come down to my office to fix my server (Uninstalling MalwareBytes and telling us to keep it 100% offline until further notice- Being your FINAL fix or a brand swap). So now I'm out subscriptions if I switch. I sent my employees home. I'm out income for the day. I'm getting the backlash from my partners. HUGE chain of events for causing a whole chain of computers to black screen on us today. So whats the deal? I want ADMIN/CEO approval on a 'THIS IS THE FINAL 100% WORKING FIX' asap. Not from anyone else. ASAP.

If your IT guy's only option was to uninstall MB then fire him because there are SOO many different ways to fix the problem. And the newest update fixes the problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DsE said:

Such a joke. So now I paid an technician to come down to my office to fix my server (Uninstalling MalwareBytes and telling us to keep it 100% offline until further notice- Being your FINAL fix or a brand swap). So now I'm out subscriptions if I switch. I sent my employees home. I'm out income for the day. I'm getting the backlash from my partners. HUGE chain of events for causing a whole chain of computers to black screen on us today. So whats the deal? I want ADMIN/CEO approval on a 'THIS IS THE FINAL 100% WORKING FIX' asap. Not from anyone else. ASAP.

LOL

You sent your employees how because you couldn't temporarily disable the web protection? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, aqw409 said:

If your IT guy's only option was to uninstall MB then fire him because there are SOO many different ways to fix the problem. And the newest update fixes the problem. 

Stop the process from running. Either way it renders it useless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gary_K said:

Hehehe your going to downgrade from the best antivirus because of a small flaw? Other A/V companies have done a LOT worse than this. When I have a problem on the PC I simply hit CTRL-ALT Del and look at resouces. It doesn't take me half a day to figure out whats wrong.......

Damn right I am - fortunately I am IT literate so I was not panicking, but what about people who are less capable? They won't know to check forums or how to pause, force updates and so on - they will think their PC is screwed, and that sucks!

Also I couldn't hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up Task Manager, the screen was black - if you read the thread. It was unresponsive - you could barely move the mouse let alone run any apps.

Edited by BungalowBill
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ginakra said:

Don't understand. Why restart the PC if the update hasnt been received? Look where for the update package? 

Settings, Version. Bottom of the page. And an update is the easiest way to get it to work. Unless you want to mess around with task manager for like 10 seconds if you know what your doing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious? You're this fukk'd up that this POS release wasn't tested before being dumped onto your user base?  You're going to feel my "pain" because it was another piece of malware detection software that alerted me to the "odd behavior" of MBAMservice.exe wanting to allocate 16GB of fukk'n RAM. 

Congrats Malwarebytes: I've just classified your product as MALWARE and am doing a broadcast to all 118,481 clients with an immediate suggestion to UNINSTALL your product and treat it as a serious system threat.

I am also forwarding this event info and the DAMAGE LOGS from a networked computer to LEGAL.  We will coordinate with our Chicago branch to discuss an immediate class action lawsuit to involve any/all parties adversely affected - particularly among our clients.

I'll show you pain.

 

WTF_MBAM.png.5ed816c06b1f7e596aba7435e7259f37.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This update completely trashed my 3 computers. They where UNUSABLE. One of them almost had to be reformated. I found a solution to disable internet connection so that i could uninstall Malwarebytes. They are now working fine.

Why would i pay for a software to protect me if it causes even more problems than a malware ? This is not a bug that causes web blocking or high ram usage. This caused the PCs to froze, crash and needing forced shutdowns.

I just bought Malwarebytes a few days ago so i asked for a full refund. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable as i never had such a mess with an software before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, BungalowBill said:

Damn right I am - fortunately I am IT literate so I was not panicking, but what about people who are less capable? They won't know to check forums or how to pause, force updates and so on - they will think their PC is screwed, and that sucks!

You got that right - Then they'll take their computer somewhere and get charged a lot of money to have it fixed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.